Presets - how do you organize them?

phil92

Experienced
being a little bit OCD, it feels weird to me to start my presets at 498 or some such.

I am tempted to just wipe all the presets clean, get rid of the factory presets and start my presets on 1.
From 101 on I could have a version of each preset but incorporating my amp in WDW set up.

Then maybe reserve 400+ for temp presets (downloaded ones to audition and dissect), 300+ for my own experimental ones.

I wonder what other peoples approach is

I used Axe Manage to shift all the factory presets over by 128.

I'll never use more than 128 presets... Although I also loaded the Austin Buddy Naked Tones pack.

Lots of people do remove the factory presets.

I cycle mine from clean through crunch to solo every six presets to line up with my Mastermind GT/22 foot controller. Every six presets the cycle starts over. I'm a live player. To be honest I was surprised by how many factory presets I actually kept after porting across to AxeFXIII from AxeFXII.

I am tempted to just wipe all the presets clean, get rid of the factory presets and start my presets on 1.

What’s stopping you? :) You can load factory presets later if you wish.

It’s a bit of a pain in the neck to delete or move as many presets, but in the end it’s just more practical to have what you use start at 1.

Bank 1 (0-127) is for "comes in / goes out" stuff. This is also a safeguard, as the first bank is most likely the one to get overwritten accidentally.

Banks 2 and 3 are for stuff from others worth keeping: selected factory presets, community things, etc. I have my own "preset naming" convention to maintain oversight.

I keep my "personal" presets in the last bank (384-511).

I wiped out all the factory presets (I can always restore them anytime) and I use the first bank.

It gets even worst when the User Cabs are also messed up with hundreds of IR's.

With the Axe-FX II I always saved all my presets as "bundle" (preset + CAB) at the computer. It was therefore possible to restore the preset together with the User Cabs. The Axe-FX III, however, does not have the option to export as bundle, and that is a problem when you also decide to organize or wipe-out the user cabs. It is very frustrating to recover an old preset with a missed IR. :(

I have mmgt16 so I do mine in chunks that fit as presets on the board. First group are My sounds. Next chunk are the tribute presets, etc.

Back
Top Bottom