Presets from the Axe-Change don't load

Chris K.

Hello everyone. I am trying to download some presets, however when I try to open them in Ax8-edit it appears blank. None of the blocks have anything in them. Any ideas? I made sure its the most up to date version of the software.

Hello everyone. I am trying to download some presets, however when I try to open them in Ax8-edit it appears blank. None of the blocks have anything in them. Any ideas? I made sure its the most up to date version of the software.
What firmware is on your unit? Presets saved on a later firmware can show up blank.

What firmware is on your unit? Presets saved on a later firmware can show up blank.
My firmware is 7.01 so I suppose that's the issue. Now I'm trying to use Fractal-bot to download the most recent one but for whatever reason It's not giving me the go ahead. My AX8 still works with the edit software, but it seems I can't update it.

Well... You can download and extract the FW yourself. Then use Fractalbot to send it to your device.

Well... You can download and extract the FW yourself. Then use Fractalbot to send it to your device.
That is what I did. When I try to use Fractal-bot it doesn't seem to register that my AX8 is connected, because the green checks don't appear and it won't allow me to browse which files to send.

Hi my friend and welcome to the board, I'm on quantum 6.01 and when I want to load a preset I use fractool, drag and drop the SYX preset file to the device icon, then save it manually in the device. Once the preset is stored you can open Ax8 edit and the info will appear.

...but this is a workaround, update to the latest firmware version is the best solution. Fractal-boot don't show the green checks?
What OS you have? Have you any other USB cable laying around for a quick test?

when I want to load a preset I use fractool, drag and drop the SYX preset file to the device icon, then save it manually in the device. Once the preset is stored you can open Ax8 edit and the info will appear.

i didnt know that can load presets from the fractool,how do you do that?can you explain?

Back
Top Bottom