Fixed Presets/footswiches behaving oddly in 3.02 beta

fsharpminor

Inspired
intermitent odd behaviour. When I turn on fm3 the footswitches on unit are set up to have the bank of three presets showing and the screen shows last loaded preset as expexted. When I operate the volume pedal to heel down to engage tuner suddenly the three footswitches all show the name of the preset loaded and when i scroll through presets it shows the same name in all of the 3 footswich windows as I scroll through. A restart cures this, then after the first time the heel down/tuner has no effect other than engaging the tuner as expected. Happens when fm3 edit is on or off, and fm3 edit funtion does not appear affected (ie I can still change presets using the editor).

Set up is mosky dual switch going into external switch 1 to scroll banks of three presets up and down.

volume pedal is going into expression input of an airstep and coming into the fm3 midi in channel 1. It also controls the volume pedal as a volume pedal in some presets which seems unaffected and works as normal. Checked all the settings and everything seems fine. Also this did not happen in fw 3.01

Can you attach your "System + FC" dump from Fractal-Bot, please? We'll take a look.

Can you attach your "System + FC" dump from Fractal-Bot, please? We'll take a look.
Think it might be related to the tuner bug that is the subject of another thread? I am also occaisionally getting the same flickering and 'tuner screen artefacts' appearing when using the tuner heel down function, and then very often after that I get the odd behaviour with presets/banks?

Think it might be related to the tuner bug that is the subject of another thread? I am also occaisionally getting the same flickering and 'tuner screen artefacts' appearing when using the tuner heel down function, and then very often after that I get the odd behaviour with presets/banks?
I did start looking at this yesterday and I do see the flickering. As of yet, I have been unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing with the presets/banks (which I'm more worried about at the moment).

I can't duplicate your setup exactly as I don't have an Airstep. I am still looking at this, however, and will keep you updated.

I did start looking at this yesterday and I do see the flickering. As of yet, I have been unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing with the presets/banks (which I'm more worried about at the moment).

I can't duplicate your setup exactly as I don't have an Airstep. I am still looking at this, however, and will keep you updated.
its one of those really annoying 'intermittent' things. I am trying to reproduce it myself and cant. It happened once today after using the 'save to new preset number' command in fm3 edit. After this when I used witch one on the unit to get tp the presets layout I had the same issue. But I tried to reproduce it and it is working fine. I will keep trying to reproduce the issue and get back to you if I have any success. Good luck!

Just seen your last post.....now thats what I call support fractal style!! Thanks very much, happy to help in anyway I can.

fsharpminor.co.uk

Hopefully fixed in firmware 3.02 (final), released today.

Back
Top Bottom