Presets - Factory Banks Quantum 2.01

LiamH

Inspired
Loving Quantum 2.04. I have also loaded up Q2p01 Factory presets (into banks D, E, F) of my Axe-FX II XL.

A strange quirk loaded up with the presets, and I'm not sure if it's something with the presets, or it could be something that I've done myself. Every time I select one of these presets it loads with Comp 1 active (if it exists in the preset). I have also noticed the Pan/Trem is active on lead up for some of them as well. To deactivate with the MFC-101 I then have to hit the switch twice for some reason.

Anyone else getting this behaviour, or is it something I've done to myself? I have tried with my MFC-101 connected and disconnected on power up, and it's the same both ways.

It's hardly the end of the world, as I am tending to build from scratch now, but it would be nice to "window shop" without having to remember to knock the compressor off.

Liam

Same here! Just noticed the new Presets on the site by chance and nabbed them - quickly grew tired of the Comp block being on in the first column in every preset. Not really harmful, but I presume it wasn't the intention!

I think its a known issue when you load a non XL preset into an XL.

The bypass state of Comp and Trem are stored differently in the XL and don't translate.

That's why those blocks suddenly activate.

No, I def grabbed the XL version, and almost all of Bank A had Compressor On. I just went through and set it to Off on all my Presets and Scenes, except where I thought I might actually have used it anyway (i.e. Fender, Shiva sort of stuff).

I don't usually use the Factory Presets stock, but I do like to refer to them for a reference point, if I think I'm getting too far off-track.

I just downloaded and loaded into a non-XL version. To me it looks like they were probably made on the original version and then imported into an XL and then saved because I don't have any of the block enabled issues others here are talking about.

It's been a long time since I really messed with any factory presets, but I don't remember them sounding this good. Then again I just never have any time to play these days so it could just be a matter of not being used to it.

I tried reloading last night to make sure I was definitely using the XL presets, and that I had definitely remembered to unplug the MFC-101 before updating. Still the same...

What happens if I load XL+ presets into an XL?

Liam

I tried reloading last night to make sure I was definitely using the XL presets, and that I had definitely remembered to unplug the MFC-101 before updating. Still the same...

Liam

It likely doesn't matter. The presets were reportedly created in a non XL version of the AXE II.
Just turn off the effects you don't want.

Liam
Liam, no need to worry, because if you attempt to load an XL preset into a Mk II, the preset will refuse to load. If you ever run into this problem, use Al Grenadine's XL to Mk II converter utility.

Back
Top Bottom