Presets Beyond 384 Accessible?

If I write my own preset in say 386 how do I program the MFC-101 to scroll beyond 384 and to access it and maybe others?

If I write my own preset in say 386 how do I program the MFC-101 to scroll beyond 384 and to access it and maybe others?
Others on here have told me to move bank A and use that for all my presets which is awesome/simple way of getting around this 384 limit. Problem solved.
Should also note that for some reason, I AM able to access all presets (past 386) on my MFC101 for some reason. I know it's not supposed to be able to do that but for whatever reason, it works on my MFC.

Others on here have told me to move bank A and use that for all my presets which is awesome/simple way of getting around this 384 limit. Problem solved.
Should also note that for some reason, I AM able to access all presets (past 386) on my MFC101 for some reason. I know it's not supposed to be able to do that but for whatever reason, it works on my MFC.
Would love to know what config settings you have set that allow you access all presets above 384. What MFC are you using MKIII?

The MFC only has 384 memory presets of it's own. By default, each of those presets corresponds to the first 384 presets in the Axe II, so that's where the scrolling ends. You can use MIDI mapping in the Axe II or MFC to map each MFC preset to any preset in the Axe II though. So for example, you can have MFC preset 25 call up Axe II preset 519 or whatever. However, it's easier to just move the factory presets if you don't use them that often. Use Fractal Bot to export each preset bank to your computer separately and then when you import them back, it will prompt you which bank location to save them to. Factory presets are banks A, B, and C by default. I just copy them to D, E, and F respectively.

The MFC only has 384 memory presets of it's own. By default, each of those presets corresponds to the first 384 presets in the Axe II, so that's where the scrolling ends. You can use MIDI mapping in the Axe II or MFC to map each MFC preset to any preset in the Axe II though. So for example, you can have MFC preset 25 call up Axe II preset 519 or whatever. However, it's easier to just move the factory presets if you don't use them that often. Use Fractal Bot to export each preset bank to your computer separately and then when you import them back, it will prompt you which bank location to save them to. Factory presets are banks A, B, and C by default. I just copy them to D, E, and F respectively.
Thanks for the info! Lol, I actually knew that since I have actually been reading the manuals (what a concept, ha) over and over so I would have a much better understanding of all the uses and config possibilities and I wouldn't ask any questions that were easily solved just by reading the manuals. The best part of all this is as long as I back up everything and have the good ole factory reset available I can screw pretty much anything up and then start over,

Would love to know what config settings you have set that allow you access all presets above 384. What MFC are you using MKIII?
Yes a MKIII with an XL+. I found this by accident and immediately thought "this isn't supposed to be possible but it works. I haven't done anything special other than change some common settings in the MFC101 like bank size to 0. I'll post a video whenever I put my rig back together. It's all torn apart because I have bad luck with amps that like failing.

Yes a MKIII with an XL+. I found this by accident and immediately thought "this isn't supposed to be possible but it works. I haven't done anything special other than change some common settings in the MFC101 like bank size to 0. I'll post a video whenever I put my rig back together. It's all torn apart because I have bad luck with amps that like failing.
Probably because with bank size of 0 your bank up and down are just preset increment and decrement.

Back
Top Bottom