Bug? Presets Become Bypass After FW Update

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
It's happened a few times since FW 14 came out. The preset I was on before updating FW 14.00. .01 and now .02) becomes a Bypass preset after I update. At first I thought it was happening because I was on FractalBot 1.2.7 (I swore I thought I updated it) so I did update to 2.0.1 and it happened anyway. Weird.

This is definitely repeatable. Workaround is to ensure you're on 383 before updating or loading All Banks.

Update All Presets will leave the display of the current preset as "Bypass".

Change to another preset and back and it will be correct again. It doesn't lose anything. It's a bug in the display.

It's not overwriting the preset here with 14.02. The last preset (Bypass if using factory presets) ends up in the edit buffer but it doesn't overwrite any other preset. If you leave & return to the preset you were on, it should load what you had before, not Bypass.

Yes that's what the current preset becomes, name and all.

Nah It just leaves the edit buffer at the last preset. Change preset and back and you haven't lost anything.

It's not the firmware update as the cause either. It's Update All Presets that doe it.

barh, can you explain this a bit more in depth for me please? I'm holding back on updating due to reading this. I'm playing a lot of live gigs and don't want any issues. Are you saying that if I do the firmware update that I'll have issues with my presets being in bypass mode?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with this "All Presets" thing. Can you tell me what this does, why I might do something like that and how it may affect the custom presets I've created for myself? Does this apply to the regular AxeFxII units, or is this strictly in regards to the new one? Thanks for any info you can give me. :)

barh, can you explain this a bit more in depth for me please? I'm holding back on updating due to reading this. I'm playing a lot of live gigs and don't want any issues. Are you saying that if I do the firmware update that I'll have issues with my presets being in bypass mode?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with this "All Presets" thing. Can you tell me what this does, why I might do something like that and how it may affect the custom presets I've created for myself? Does this apply to the regular AxeFxII units, or is this strictly in regards to the new one? Thanks for any info you can give me. :)

No worries Danny.

No the firmware update does not bother your presets.

There is a global function called Update All Presets: Global -> Presets -> Update All Presets (scroll to bottom of list to see this one).

That global function works fine it just leaves your AxeFx edit buffer set to the last preset in Bank C, which happens to be called Bypass.

Nothing is wrong or corrupted though. To get back to the preset you were on before Update All Presets, just change the value wheel to a different preset and back.

This is all just a very minor nit with Update All Presets and is perfectly harmless.

Obviously if you don't do Update All Presets, you will never see this :)

Hope that helped

Thanks so much, that helped immensely. :) Yeah I've never done update all presets so I should be good. Thanks again...much appreciated. :)

Danny - you *should* run the Update All Presets after a FW update... Otherwise some/all of your presets may sound really "off"...

This utility updates the "format" of the preset to be correct for the current FW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny - you *should* run the Update All Presets after a FW update... Otherwise some/all of your presets may sound really "off"...

This utility updates the "format" of the preset to be correct for the current FW.

No kiddin'? I hope it doesn't make my presets sound worse. LOL! Nah, I have everything backed up a million times so I'm sure I could revert back. Thanks for this, unix...I'll give it a try tonight. :)

This is not really needed, it only was once when some delays law changed

That is not true as far as I know... It's been needed on at least a few different recent updates.

That is not true as far as I know... It's been needed on at least a few different recent updates.

It is noted in the firmware release notes when it needs to be done. It does not need to be done every time. It only needs to be done when the preset protocol is changed.
You can also just resave a preset and it will do the same thing. The Update All Presets just does it all at once.

It is noted in the firmware release notes when it needs to be done. It does not need to be done every time. It only needs to be done when the preset protocol is changed.
You can also just resave a preset and it will do the same thing. The Update All Presets just does it all at once.

Thanks for clarifying... this has come up in a number of threads and I have not seen a definitive answer before.

Back
Top Bottom