Presets and User IRs from Axe-Fx III Mk I to Axe-Fx III Mk II help?

is9582

Power User
Hello all,

First off, I searched the forum and didn't see anything that seemed to discuss this scenario, but very well may have missed something. Hopefully we can determine what might be going on. I used the same USB cable from Mac Mini M1 to my Mk I, and then just shifting the USB-B portion to my Mk II, so no real variables at play. Ok, here we go:

I finally received my Mk II today and I wanted to move the presets and user IRs over from my Mk I. I backed up all of the presets and the IRs from my Mk I, using FractalBot 3.0.6, and to also send them to the Mk II. When attempting to load the IRs that were backed up from the Mk I, I get the message to choose either User1 or User2 (destination). I chose the matching location and hit the green send button, but nothing happens. I've tried it multiple times but no joy.

I decided to try one of the preset Banks that I also backed up from my Mk I, but noticed that FractalBot doesn't offer the extended memory slots. It offers up through Bank D ending at slot 511. I went ahead and chose to write to Bank D, just to see if it would work. FractalBot displayed a message "transferring sysex..." but nothing further happened.

I went back to test whether this version of FractalBot would allow me to backup the presets that came on the Mk II when it arrived. No joy there either.

Anyone have anything on this that might help? Am I just overlooking something silly?

Cheers,

Lee

And for anyone new seeing my post above, I was still able to move my presets and IRs over using the "Manage" capabilities in Axe-Edit, but still wanted to share my observations and experience using FractalBot 3.0.6 w the new AxeFXIII Mk II.

Lee

I had a similar experience with both presets and IR's . At one point I restarted the unit and tried using the fractal bot embedded in Axe Edit and did not have any issues. I meant to post something but got consumed playing around with the new systems and forgot.

When I ran fractal bot standalone I do believe I had all the slot choices available it was just failing to do the transfers consistently. I'm pretty sure that the fractal bot launched from AxeEdit is not the same (well may not be the same depending) as the standalone app. If they are the same maybe my reboot of the unit cleared up whatever was causing the glitch.

I had a similar experience with both presets and IR's . At one point I restarted the unit and tried using the fractal bot embedded in Axe Edit and did not have any issues. I meant to post something but got consumed playing around with the new systems and forgot.

When I ran fractal bot standalone I do believe I had all the slot choices available it was just failing to do the transfers consistently. I'm pretty sure that the fractal bot launched from AxeEdit is not the same (well may not be the same depending) as the standalone app. If they are the same maybe my reboot of the unit cleared up whatever was causing the glitch.
Hey Ectoplasm88,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I appreciate you making the time to give additional input. For whatever reason, I never seem to recall the embedded apps in AE, at least when it’s important. Lol. I may still test that option, even if it is mainly to assist tightening up the code for Fractal.
Cheers,
Lee

Back
Top Bottom