#PresetADay - Your Vote... **Silent Underground

Hey guys,

We are trying to get people a bit more "involved" with our #PresetADay series... We get tonnes and tonnes of downloads of the presets each day (almost 10,000 in total last month) but very few people get in there and leave comments / share etc...

So in the effort of opening up a better stream of communication between us and our followers (dedicated and casual), we have decided to give people the chance to VOTE each day for the amps you would like to see in our #PresetADay December series.

December is returning to the heavier side of things, with daily dual amp presets set up based on the most popular votes from the day before. These will be based on our 5 scene presets: (Clean, Crunch, Rhythm, Lead, Lead Wah)

Basically, on the daily FREE download page there will be a Poll you can leave a vote on. Currently it has 5 options and a ADD your own option. Just select 2 AMP models (or add your own) by the cut off time - 10pm Eastern Australian time (approx 3am California / 6am NewYork / 11am London) we will setup the following days presets based on the winners.

I know the AX8 crowd won't be able to load the dual amp series. So... We will include the dual amp preset for all AXE FX guys, PLUS the 2 signal chains split into 2 separate presets for all the AX8 guys.

Basically each day will include 3 unique Presets...

Visit our web page for more details AND to put in a vote for tomorrows #PresetADay !!
http://silentundergroundstudio.com/preset-a-day-your-vote

Ok, so far 1.3 days, we are on dec.2, Im curious when the presets will be available. I know Im being inpatient, but just curious , I JUST CANT WAIT, and again many thanks!

As per your Votes - Day 1 of #PresetADay December is the: USA IIC++ and the Dizzy V4 Slvr in a Dual Amp setup... Get the preset from our site today: http://silentundergroundstudio.com/preset-a-day-your-vote

Remember to VOTE for tomorrows AMPs while you are downloading todays free presets !! NOTE - AX8 users we have included both signal chains as seperate presets so you don't miss out \m/\m/

I'll take it, my choice was 5150 block and plexi 50 jump, so this should be fairly close to that.

That is close ;)

I thought I would touch on how we are selecting the 8 amps listed on the daily vote !! - In case people care. Its pretty basic...

I copied the full amp list from the AXE FX II Wiki page and removed all the non traditional metal amps (for this month) and then add that list to a list randomiser curtsey of random.org... Then I just paste in the top 8 from the generated list.

Thats why they change each day...

But because they are constantly randomly changing, thats why I added the "other" feature.

Nice! :) The Citrus RV50 Euro / Uber is working well in the track i'm working on. The tone in scene 3 with the stereo doubling effect is just what it needed. Nice breakup in scene 2 and can't wait to try scene 4.

Daniel - With the dual amps on your demo videos, are you doing 2 tracks panned hard right and left in mono or just one track in the Center? How did this differ from how you recorded your single amps?

Nice! :) The Citrus RV50 Euro / Uber is working well in the track i'm working on. The tone in scene 3 with the stereo doubling effect is just what it needed. Nice breakup in scene 2 and can't wait to try scene 4.

Thanks man, Share the clip if you are up for it man. Would love to hear the presets in action !!

Nice stuff. I was wondering why you choose to put the delay and reverb parallel to the dry signal (setting them 100%) instead of in series with a xx% mix?

I prefer the control of doing it in parallel. You can send the delay through the verb as well and get a dry delay, and a delay with a touch of verb. Or you can add FX after the dealy or Verb... I personally like putting a Phaser after delay, or sometimes a distortion after a reverb... This way you can do that by JUST affecting the reverb / delay and not the entire signal..

Daniel - With the dual amps on your demo videos, are you doing 2 tracks panned hard right and left in mono or just one track in the Center? How did this differ from how you recorded your single amps?

Its 1 hard left, and 1 hard right... Exact same recording process as the single amp presets...

NOTE - Some of the Dual amp presets have the amps blended into a mono signal and some are split L and R... I do this because the amps are being voted in and I don't have control over what to use... Not all amps blend nicely in MONO, but will sound fine as long as they are separated on the L and R channels... Please feel free to make them mono OR make the mono ones stereo - you may prefer the sound !!

Back
Top Bottom