Preset will not load and has vanished from display

nvandyk

Hello folks. I've searched recent threads and couldn't find this issue. I apologize if this has been covered.

So I'm using the AX8 and everything is fine and one day when I used the foot switch to go from my clean tone to a rhythm tone, it never let me switch back. I step on the switch, nothing happens. The light remains associated with the previous preset. The preset has, in fact, vanished from the display itself.

Unit has seen maybe 5 hours of usage (you'll note I haven't even taken off the plastic film from the screen).

AX8 IMG_5082.jpg

You'll note there is no P1 block there; and the light above P2 remains lit. In AX8 edit, the P1 exists. If I select it in AX8 edit, it activates on the unit and the name is shown, but the light does not activate and the P1 block remains blank. If I switch away from this preset with the foot pedal or the software, the name vanishes and I'm unable to get it back.

I am running firmware 9.02 (I don't want to update my sounds for 9.04) and I just did a reinstall of that firmware to no avail.

Any ideas?

Each preset has its own Footswitch setup. Just add the switch you want to each preset.

Pro-tip: when you’re on “Preset 2” you don’t need to put a P2 switch since you’re already there. This saves 1 switch.

Each preset has its own Footswitch setup. Just add the switch you want to each preset.

Pro-tip: when you’re on “Preset 2” you don’t need to put a P2 switch since you’re already there. This saves 1 switch.

Chris -

Thanks. Not sure how that got corrupted (I had it originally mapped there but when I went back in, it was blank). Weird...but you have exorcised the ghost in my machine. Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom