1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. July 27 2018 - support.fractalaudio.com is temporarily down for updates. Please use this forum for support or see the "News" section here for additional details. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice

Preset Volume!

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by NightWalker, Aug 10, 2018.

1. NightWalker

NightWalker
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

hello there guys!!how can i do to make all my presets have the same volume level?for example one preset sound with high volume and other preset sound with low volume,i really hate to adjust the axefx 2 volume knob all the time when i switch to another preset with high or low volume.

2. chris

chris
    Expand Collapse

NightWalker likes this.
  3. NightWalker

NightWalker
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

great thank you por making and posting this video!!

4. AllanH

AllanH
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I am thinking about buying a small cheap external looper (e.g. like the TC Ditto) and use that as a tone generator... then I am in the believe that I can level presets withing a few procent doing that. Tried it using the AXE looper, but using an external would just be quicker jumping through the preset. Then I would of course create one preset that will be my master baseline for future reference, well just an idea.

Leveling presets is for me the only thing I struggle with using my axe in live situations... My presets are now as they should be, but it has been a bitch getting to this point..
    Also I use a filter block in all presets, with a dedicated expression pedal. It is setup so that the pedal can adjust overall volume +/- 4db.... Then in live situations (during rehearsal) I have used that in real time. When the song is finished, I go to the filterblock and check the setting, and then adjust the amp block accordingly (+/- whatever needed) Just a thing that has helped me

5. aPeRSon

aPeRSon
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

If you’re using an MFC, I think there’s a way to assign 2 switches as vol + and -, with the live changes being automatically saved to the preset, but I can’t find the thread. If I remember correctly, the changes are even stored in the individual scenes within a preset.
    If anyone can point you (and me) in the right direction (manual or thread)....

6. AllanH

AllanH
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Yes correct you can assign switched to +/- vol in an MFC (or any other midi tool) But the down side is you only change it in the current scene, but still useable for sure ( I use that too)