Fixed Preset Up/Down Issue

JammieDodger

Inspired
Hey all.

I have set my Hold function to Preset, then Inc/Dec, then +1 or -1 but it won't do it. It always jumps to 000. I have tried to do it a few ways but it won't let me use the hold function to go up or down in +1 or -1 increments.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Mine was doing that as well......turned out I had screwy wrap upper limit so it would default to 000

Sorry this is late. I haven't been at practice and left my board there but just picked it up. I just cannot figure this out. It keeps going back to preset 000. Can anyone tell me what I should be putting here?

I just want it to start at 450 and jump up by 1 when I hold footswitch 3 and down when I hold footswitch 1. That's it. But when I put -1 it changes to 000 and it won't increase, it just goes back to the lower value.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 22.03.43.png

Last edited:
Works fine here.

Are you sure the switch is not assigned to a Pre-Preset Switch?

Works fine here.

Are you sure the switch is not assigned to a Pre-Preset Switch?

Nope. If I take Wrap off it'll only go to 000. If I put the wrap on with the limit at 450-460 it'll only go to 450 and won't incrementally change.

It doesn't make sense. Here's a picture. If you look the Hold function on the highlighted switch says 59 Bassguy which is 000. But the Lower Limit is 450.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 11.02.24.png

Tested again and still no issues here. I think you need to send the preset and global data to Support.

@BryantP

Hmm okay. It's very strange. Even when I set the hold function to change to a particular preset it'll only change to 000.

If I change it to Scenes and have it incrementally increase it'll do it, but just won't do it with the presets. I might do a factory reset.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 11.19.47.png

Okay. I've reset the global settings, reset the presets and now it appears to be working. It was working previously so we'll see if it keeps working.

I'm having the same issue with my preset function. When using FM-3 edit ( or manually thru the FM-3 ) on any on board switch, clicking on CATEGORY, and choosing any option, except for preset, I can make the mini-display labels change to what i choose. If I choose SCENE, then select, the 1-8, scenes 1-8 will show up on the display. If I choose EFFECT I can choose any effect and it displays on mini display. But if I choose PRESET and then the function, select by number, and enter any number besides 0, it stays at preset 0 - 59 Bassguy. Uggh went to Reset System Parameters and reset the system parameters, now it works yay I guess.

I'm having the same issue with my preset function. When using FM-3 edit ( or manually thru the FM-3 ) on any on board switch, clicking on CATEGORY, and choosing any option, except for preset, I can make the mini-display labels change to what i choose. If I choose SCENE, then select, the 1-8, scenes 1-8 will show up on the display. If I choose EFFECT I can choose any effect and it displays on mini display. But if I choose PRESET and then the function, select by number, and enter any number besides 0, it stays at preset 0 - 59 Bassguy. Uggh went to Reset System Parameters and reset the system parameters, now it works yay I guess.
You might have had Preset Mapping turned on in Setup. This would have been reset so perhaps now it works for that reason.

Yeah thanks Chris, I'm 100% new to fractal, so I must have "fat fingered something". Man that got to me. Spent a few hours figuring this out. This fractal forum is a plethora of information!

Back
Top Bottom