Preset toggling not working after updating to FW 4.01 [solved]

tobafett

Inspired
Hello all,

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I searched and could not find anything on it. I just updated my FM3 to FW 4.01 today, and afterwards, everything worked like it should, except my preset toggle. I have button one on the FM3 set to go between presets 400 and 403 in decrements of -1 at at time by tapping and going up incrementally one at a time by holding it. This worked before the update. Now, if I tap the button it goes to preset 000, and if I hold it goes back to 400. It will not doing anything else. The setup has a FM3, 1 FC1 and two expression pedals. Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

1629673163899.png

Do you have your previous layouts backed up in an “all layouts” file? If so you can reload that.

If not, do you have a system and fc file from a previous backup? You can backup your current system and fc, reload the previous one, export “all layouts”, reload your current backup of the system and fc, then import the just-saved all layouts file.

I walked through every beta stage through to the current revision and didn’t see any problems with layouts. I’m using a custom layout based on OMG9 but that shouldn’t make a difference. Every time I saw a problem with my layouts I could directly trace it back to something I’d done previously.

Do you have your previous layouts backed up in an “all layouts” file? If so you can reload that.

If not, do you have a system and fc file from a previous backup? You can backup your current system and fc, reload the previous one, export “all layouts”, reload your current backup of the system and fc, then import the just-saved all layouts file.

I walked through every beta stage through to the current revision and didn’t see any problems with layouts. I’m using a custom layout based on OMG9 but that shouldn’t make a difference. Every time I saw a problem with my layouts I could directly trace it back to something I’d done previously.
Thank you for the suggestions, I will try reloading the old layout file. I messed around a bit and got it so it will go back from 000 to 400, but it will not advance and higher than that. Very strange, worked fine before the update.

I tried everything and finally contacted support, and they had me try a few things, but nothing worked until this:

Reset System Parameters in the Utilities menu:

Go to SETUP--UTILITIES--RESET--Reset System Parameters--Press ENTER.

then do this:
Go Setup--FC Controllers/Onboard Switches--Reset--Load Factory Default Layouts and Settings press ENTER.
Then turn the FM3 OFF, wait 5 seconds then power up and test.

That did the trick. I had to rebuild my layout, but no big deal. Thank you everyone.

Back
Top Bottom