Preset switching faster than Scenes?

Switching Presets can be faster than Scenes sometimes. Even with both presets having high CPU, Presets switch in the same amount of time vs low-CPU, in my tests, which can be faster than switching Scenes in the same high-CPU preset.

There is the audio gap of course, as it's necessary to prevent pops/clicks as discussed into the ground in other threads ;)

In a heavily loaded preset, I am willing to take almost any bet that a preset change is faster than a scene changes involving an amp block x/y switch. And this is great. Scene changes can be instantaneous in some circumstances, but in other cases, they can take longer. In those cases, you can always choose to switch presets instead, which I believe is always around 0.4 seconds. Options - it's great :)

I moved to preset change because it's faster if you have to switch amp while switching scenes...

I use preset changes. As Chris mentioned, the "audio gap" discussion has been beat way beyond death. I find any gap using preset changes is easy to manage and presents no problem when I am performing, but that is just me.

Say for using multiple amps for multiple parts, is preset switching with less CPU per preset quicker than Scenes with tons going on in one single preset?
I found preset changes to be quicker than scene changes for sure. especially when going from distortion to clean (with different amps) from clean to distortion the gap wasn't as noticeable but deff. vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom