Preset Swap - best practices

Golden

Hey everyone, I have been wondering for some time if there is an easier (more efficient) way to swap presets within Axe Edit III than just going into Preset Manager (Command M) and dragging the preset to a new location. While it sounds pretty basic, and works, it’s a bit of a hassle to drag preset 450 to slot number 1, for example.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way? If not, one idea would be to develop a swap window, where you could just click on the preset you want to move with a special key combo within preset manager and have a destination window available to populate the desired location. Thoughts?

You could right click, copy, and paste if moving to an empty spot, or do the old shell game with an extra empty spot somewhere (copy, paste A to empty, B to old A, then A to old B).

Thanks for the quick responses. Just wanted to make sure I was not missing something.

Does anyone else see a benefit to the swap window idea as described above? Perhaps an enhancement idea for the future?

For swapping I use the front panel. When reorganizing my presets I use the method mentioned above with the empty slot. But afterwards, when all slots are filled and I change my mind about the order I just use the front screen.

Back
Top Bottom