Preset suggestions please

biglugdoug

Hi, I've owned an fxii for three years but this is my first post. While I've gigged with it for about 18 months I've never made my own presets, I play 80's covers and could use some suggestions in getting a good night ranger lead tone as well as a good poison talk dirty and a prince let's go crazy. Any factory or preset sharing ideas would be welcome. I play a strat mostly in the bridge humbucker position for anything dirty. I have a great '95 prs that sounds great for crunch and leads but the clean is just so hot and I'm more of a strat player. Thank you in advance, what a great forum this is and I've learned and read in amazement over e past coupe, years off and on. I'm a hack player but love and get inspired by presets that sound close to the real deal.

Hi, I've owned an fxii for three years but this is my first post. While I've gigged with it for about 18 months I've never made my own presets, I play 80's covers and could use some suggestions in getting a good night ranger lead tone as well as a good poison talk dirty and a prince let's go crazy. Any factory or preset sharing ideas would be welcome. I play a strat mostly in the bridge humbucker position for anything dirty. I have a great '95 prs that sounds great for crunch and leads but the clean is just so hot and I'm more of a strat player. Thank you in advance, what a great forum this is and I've learned and read in amazement over e past coupe, years off and on. I'm a hack player but love and get inspired by presets that sound close to the real deal.
@Mark Day is the king of '80s tones. Search for his presets... Not sure he'll cover you for Prince, but the more hard rock stuff will be easy!

Thanks, good idea, Mark Day is the man and awesome face melting! . So another question... if I use some of his or any other preset from axe change that are older than 7.02 or even 6.02' how do I make sure that I know it's compatible with my installed fw7.02 or has the full effects and amp and cab so that I don't have to reload any cabs or anything? Again, I just want to find maybe a total of 4-5 general presets and start using scenes like several of you have suggested so,that my live switching is improved since I as well have struggled with the dancing and with some glitches due to too much variety of preset A to prrset B within a song...

There really isn't any way to do that. Presets created with older firmware are bound sound different... But different players and different guitars have the same issue.

I'd really encourage you to create your own presets. It's not all that hard, and the current firmware makes it pretty easy.

Check out the presets from @ToneRanger . Funny that you mention Talk Dirty as I first starting using a preset that sounded just like the album, but quickly found out I like a slightly drier tone w/ different gain characteristics. Are you trying to emulate exactly or just get in the ball park. My cover band covers the 70's through current (although I have a soft spot for the 80's). I actually use several factory presets, a few from @Moke , a few from @yek , and a few I've made. Hope some of this helps.

Thanks for the nod! Im constantly tweaking my presets. Especially with series/parallel fx. My problem right now is that i can make a decent amp/cab preset but when it's in the mix it sounds like it's in another room and i have to tweak the crap out of it with post eq in my DAW. I need to use my ears instead of my eyes.
Check out the presets from @ToneRanger . Funny that you mention Talk Dirty as I first starting using a preset that sounded just like the album, but quickly found out I like a slightly drier tone w/ different gain characteristics. Are you trying to emulate exactly or just get in the ball park. My cover band covers the 70's through current (although I have a soft spot for the 80's). I actually use several factory presets, a few from @Moke , a few from @yek , and a few I've made. Hope some of this helps.

Back
Top Bottom