PRESET SOUNDS LIKE CLIPPING BUT NOT!

ATR1

Inspired
:?Last night at practice my preset sounds like it is clipping but no lights are flashing. I have attached my settings for preset. the gain on the GTE is pegged when I play and in picture I am not even playing it is at 7/8 full. Lacks sustain also. Any ideas?
Thx..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 20
The Gain meter in the gate has nothing to do with how loud anything is. Honestly your gate is barely on and not really doing much, so that probably isn't a problem at all.

Do your other presets sound like they're clipping? You've got a drive block enabled, which of course has clipping by design (just generally not harsh digital clipping). Does the clipping stop when you bypass the drive block? What about bypassing the FX8 to see if your clipping is happening somewhere else in the chain? Also try a regular instrument cable, bypassing that Line 6 wireless unit.

I pulled the wireless out and went with a cable. Same problem. Changed presets sounded fine. I think its my drive blocks. I cannot seam to pair any of drive blocks with my #2 channel for rhythm tones. They sound lifeless and digital clipping on the low ends but not clipping or sustaining. I will post some of the setting later when I can. The channel #2 crunch needs a good kick in the ass and I can't find the Drive/OD pedal. I was using a KOKO Boost before. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom