Preset settings lost in Axe Edit but still in Axe-FX!

lp59

Experienced
This is very strange, I import bank A in Axe Edit and when I double click on my preset 37 all settings are null, despite the null settings I can hear the right sound with all settings that where initially saved. In Axe-FX I can see the right settings in the different blocks...

How can I import the right settings from my Axe-FX without doing it manually, looking my AxFX display and reporting each setting in Axe-Edit?

This problem hapened suddenly while saving this preset in AE, wich led to a lost preset because of all settings being saved as null (minimum valus for each pot).

Is it dangerous to save direct from AE or should we better always save changes made in AE directly on the A-FX itself?

I remember also losing the settings in the Axe-FX when saving this preset 37 but I could retrieve it from a previous backup.
Here is my haunted preset, with no sound because of null settings!

View attachment Mon journal ve.syx

Select the preset on the AxeFx and try Recall - Refresh from Hardware. Does AxeEdit show the correct preset now?

Hi LMO,

thanks for the advice, but nope. Still everything "zeroed" in AE even with the refresh from hardware.
I tried to delete the buging preset in the folder of AE on my Mac as I was thinking of a corrupt file, did a refresh from hardware but still zero.

I loaded another preset 37 from another bank with no problem.

I can turn the zeroed pots in AE and hear the results, but if I make a save, then pots that I didn't change from zero will stay at zero. The changed value for exemple delay feedback that I turned up from 0 to 50 will be memorized. But still no sound because the "zeroed" pots are validated with a new save.

It's like having the wrong visualisation of the pots in AE but the right physical values and corresponding sound. But if I save again then the zeroed values are validated and no sound will ocure...

I tried edit from source and edit from import with no success...

Back
Top Bottom