Preset reset?

Chris Bro

Ok, let me try to articulate this idea... I currently use my AX8 with a single preset, and change scenes to move between my clean/dirty/rhythm/lead sounds. I have a Voes MC-5jr that does my scene switching, and the rest of the switches on the AX8 are basically my stompboxes for effects. My scenes all start out pretty much"dry" (except for my lead scene), and over the course of a song, I might use a phaser or delay on my clean, or switch on a flanger or chorus on my rhythm sound, and I actually do love the fact that if I switch to a different scene it remembers the state that the previous scene was in last when I come back to it (ie, if I turn on the delay on my clean scene, then switch to rhythm scene, then come back to the clean scene, the delay will still be on). BUT, what I would like to have happen is that if I step on my scene switch again (re-sending MIDI command), I would love it if that would bring back the actual SAVED state of the scene so that I don't have to sit and look at the screen to figure out what is on or off before the start of the next song. The best way I can think to describe that feature is as a preset reset to bring it back to it's actual saved state. Certainly not a deal-breaker, but would be a great function to have!

Cheers,

Scene Revert should be set to On.

So, it looks like Scene Revert only works as all or nothing. I like the ability to have things stay as changed UNTIL I decide to revert the scene. That's the function I'd like to see created. Unless I'm misunderstanding the Scene Revert function.

So, it looks like Scene Revert only works as all or nothing. I like the ability to have things stay as changed UNTIL I decide to revert the scene. That's the function I'd like to see created. Unless I'm misunderstanding the Scene Revert function.
Leave it off then, and reload the preset to “revert” when you want.

Leave it off then, and reload the preset to “revert” when you want.

While certainly feasible, it's not really the solution I'm requesting. It would be nice to select the scene again to revert it, not leave the preset and come back to it to reset it. Cheers!

While certainly feasible, it's not really the solution I'm requesting. It would be nice to select the scene again to revert it, not leave the preset and come back to it to reset it. Cheers!
You don't have to leave the preset. Just hit the switch that loads the preset (in my case it would be F1 for the preset menu, then the IA switch for the preset). You could also set up an IA switch with that preset on it, and avoid having to use F1 to get to the preset menu.

The scene select switch can't know whether or not you want it to revert, so, yes that part is all or nothing. You're asking for a way to sometimes come back to a scene and have it keep the changes you made, and other times come back with the scene in its default saved state. Using the preset function is a way to do it.

How could it know when you want it to stay the same and when you want it to change back?

How could it know when you want it to stay the same and when you want it to change back?

I absolutely like how it remembers changes that are made on the fly from scene to scene. It was a happy accident to find actually, but the AX8 DOES know the last saved state of that scene. What I'm looking for is that when I go back to a scene that I can press the sames scene button a second time (not a double tap, a second press) to revert the scene to it's last saved state. That's how it knows that I want to change it. This is a finicky thing to explain, so hopefully that's a bit clearer.

Back
Top Bottom