Preset Request (Lamb of God style tone)

Exeter

Hey everyone! I recently required an Axe FX III and I'm not having much luck dialing in tones. I'm looking for something very similar to this video which I'm sure is possible with the unit.

I really like that sort of hollow sound if that makes any sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I believe the earlier lamb albums are mark iv models. Personally I’d try adding a recto and make a dual amp preset.

Good idea! I've found some presets that are fairly close but they are missing that "hollow" Mesa tone if that makes any sense.

I spent some time yesterday and today putting this together. I only did the rhythm tracks, but I did use the original DI and amp tracks, so I didn't need to play at all. The tone is still very slightly different, I actually feel the original is slightly thinner and weaker, but with a raspier high end. Subtle, but it's there.
Scenes are:
1: Mono L
2: Mono R
3: Stereo

If you follow the link I left comments for the transitions, but I'll post them here as well.
It starts with the tonematch,
.22 it switches to the original,
.30 tonematch,
.36 original,
.44 tonematch solo'd,
.52 original solo'd.

Attachments

• Sacrament.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 153
  • U1.0031_RedneckL.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 140
  • U1.0032_RedneckR.syx
    10.1 KB · Views: 131
I spent some time yesterday and today putting this together. I only did the rhythm tracks, but I did use the original DI and amp tracks, so I didn't need to play at all. The tone is still very slightly different, I actually feel the original is slightly thinner and weaker, but with a raspier high end. Subtle, but it's there.
Scenes are:

If you follow the link I left comments for the transitions, but I'll post them here as well.
.30 tonematch,
.36 original,
.44 tonematch solo'd,
.52 original solo'd.

How well does this translate to the FM3? I loaded up the sacrament preset and something seemed off. I'm pretty new to AxeFx; what do the Mono L/R scenes do? Should I be playing in one of the scenes (which one?) I'm running straight through monitor speakers.

Scenes are:

.30 tonematch,
.36 original,
.44 tonematch solo'd,
.52 original solo'd.

Nailed it!

"Routes" from their album that just dropped is a banger. Specifically starting at 1:40.

Anyone know what they used on this album? It's their best tone to date, IMO.

How well does this translate to the FM3? I loaded up the sacrament preset and something seemed off. I'm pretty new to AxeFx; what do the Mono L/R scenes do? Should I be playing in one of the scenes (which one?) I'm running straight through monitor speakers.
Well first, make sure you're loading the cab IR's as well, the preset itself doesn't have the cabs "burned in". Mono L and R were tonematches I made from the L and R tracks in the original song. There may have been slight differences between the L and R, so I wanted to capture that. I used Mark's, or Willie's, or both (don't remember) dry DI tracks along with their final amp'd tracks from the song to create the tonematch, so using their guitar, their playing, their amp/cab/mic/mic pre/EQ... so there's no variable thrown in with my gear (other than the AX3 of course).

I have a TC MimiQ pedal in the loop of my AX3 to simulate double tracking. I use that occasionally, that's where I use the stereo scenes. Without it I typically will stick with the mono scenes (assuming I have mono setup to be centered rather than panned), or in some cases I've made a "stereo" scene that uses the enhancer block instead of the mimiQ. I still play with the preset regularly but I'll have to check it again to see if I made any changes.

Nailed it!
Thanks!

Well first, make sure you're loading the cab IR's as well, the preset itself doesn't have the cabs "burned in". Mono L and R were tonematches I made from the L and R tracks in the original song. There may have been slight differences between the L and R, so I wanted to capture that. I used Mark's, or Willie's, or both (don't remember) dry DI tracks along with their final amp'd tracks from the song to create the tonematch, so using their guitar, their playing, their amp/cab/mic/mic pre/EQ... so there's no variable thrown in with my gear (other than the AX3 of course).

I have a TC MimiQ pedal in the loop of my AX3 to simulate double tracking. I use that occasionally, that's where I use the stereo scenes. Without it I typically will stick with the mono scenes (assuming I have mono setup to be centered rather than panned), or in some cases I've made a "stereo" scene that uses the enhancer block instead of the mimiQ. I still play with the preset regularly but I'll have to check it again to see if I made any changes.

Thanks!

Great! Thanks so much for the detail. Can't wait to give this a try tonight!

i actually used this video a while back to dial in the tc 100. if you watch the video you can catch his setting on the amp. then add a tube screamer up front to simulate the tight switch on the amp. of course you will have to tweak the setting some cine no two amps are exactly alike, but i was able to get pretty close just using the settings in the video.

edit: lmao so didn't realize this was a necro bump.

Thanks!

I just used this preset to record a snippet of Resurrection Man from the new album. I used the Mono L with the IR and didn't touch any of the settings. Ignore my sloppy playing. It's also the very first track I've ever recorded with AxeFx so I don't really know how to mix. Does it sound a biz fizzy?

Guitar used is a Jackson Dominion Pro

Last edited:
I just used this preset to record a snippet of Resurrection Man from the new album. I used the Mono L with the IR and didn't touch any of the settings. Ignore my sloppy playing. It's also the very first track I've ever recorded with AxeFx so I don't really know how to mix. Does it sound a biz fizzy?

Guitar used is a Jackson Dominion Pro

That sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom