Preset "reloading" audio drop-out question

jimfist

Fractal Fanatic
My setup: Axe-FX Ultra controlled by Behringer FCB1010

the problem:

I've created a complex preset where one Expression Pedal (A) is used to control Reverb blend, and the other exp. pedal (B) is controlling echo blend. I've also added a continuous controller (#97) switch to toggle the bypass state of an auto-wah effect, so that when I press the switch on my pedal controller, it alternates on or off with each press. But since I also have a MIDI patch change # being transmitted by that same pedal switch, I get a very brief dropout of all sound whenever I press the switch to engage the auto wah, obviously due to the fact that the Axe-Fx is receiving the patch change data every time the switch is depressed.

question: is there a global or preset mode whereby the Axe-Fx ignores repeated preset change information once it is IN the preset? In other words, once I'm in preset #64, for example, if I continue to press the pedal switch programmed to transmit patch #64, it will ignore this since it is ALREADY IN that preset and this is redundant data.

I've created a workaround, which is to assign only the CC switch (#97) to another pedal button (sans patch change) to toggle the bypass mode, but I'd really like to be economical and not use up a second pedal switch to accomplish this.

Back
Top Bottom