Preset Poll

Wow. I was only looking for a yes or no out of curiosity and I got all this.

Be careful what you ask for. :cool: I look at it kinda like a steering wheel on a car..., If the Axe didn't need to be tweaked at times, there wouldn't be any adjustments/knobs on it.

I don't understand why some (not pointing any fingers) won't or are afraid to turn the virtual knobs of a "preset". Would you plug into a Marshall half stack or a deluxe reverb and not adjust the knobs? I see people at GC plugged into amps and twiddling away like mad (although all that twiddling doesn't make it sound any better :tearsofjoy: ). If you can't make an amp sound good, that's not the amp for you. If you cant make any amp sound good, well...

It's a simple yes or no, did you or didn't you question. Why do you have a problem with that?
I think what most are saying is likely yes , so I would plan on it
when you go from a big change like quantum to Ares or in the case Ares to Cygnus there is likely going to be a much more noticeable change
how much tweaking you will need to do is difficult to know as it is different for everyone depending on
how far you modified your presets from the defaults and which parameters changed in the update

Do we need a poll?

Select:
  • Yes, we need a poll.
  • No, we don't need one.
  • Don't know, don't care.
Do we need a poll to decide if we need a poll ?
Don’t know, maybe I’ll do a poll to decide if we need a poll to decide if we need a poll...

Reactions: yek
I don't understand why some (not pointing any fingers) won't or are afraid to turn the virtual knobs of a "preset". Would you plug into a Marshall half stack or a deluxe reverb and not adjust the knobs? I see people at GC plugged into amps and twiddling away like mad (although all that twiddling doesn't make it sound any better :tearsofjoy: ). If you can't make an amp sound good, that's not the amp for you. If you cant make any amp sound good, well...
Sometimes I think that some people buy a 2.5k piece of tech, full with a miriad of algorithms and a billion of parameters, and expect that it just sounds perfect to anyone without even having to turn a single knob.
😃

I don't understand the problem with tweaking either. I "tweak" my real amps and Fractal constantly. Maybe this is the question that I should have asked. Did anyones' preset(s) not just change but became unusable(actually sounded bad) after downloading . Just curious, it's no biggie if they did.

I didn't have to change anything. I haven't noticed a change in tone in the 3 years I've owned the unit lol. It sounded great then, it sounds great today :)

Back
Top Bottom