Preset patch "Chop Shop"

acwild

Experienced
I was going to set an EVH patch and remembered that there's a bunch of presets in the AxeFx that were supposed to be based on his sound. While they're a bit outdated, I did find some usable "parts."

"Eruption" patch #32 is a close base sound when you turn off the enhancer and delay, then lower the reverb levels. Next, I raised the low-cut filter to get it closer to Eddie's sound (referencing my gear and setup). I kept the amp sim and stock cab. This patch also has the phaser set just right for EVH, imo.

Next I grabbed the flanger from the "Unchained" #50 patch and placed that in front of the amp sim in my new fangled "Eruption" patch.

EVH Circa 1982 patch #263 sounded in the neighborhood of Eddie's OU812 era so I grabbed the "pitch" block from that for a chorus sound. Specifically, patch #263 sounds like his "Black and Blue" sound. For some reason, the flanger in this patch does a crazy Paul Gilbert-like pitch shift.

Finally, I grabbed the delay from the #245 Echoplex patch as I know Eddie used one, although this patch doesn't sound like his setting.

Anyone else have some favorite pieces from preset patches? I know there's a nice collection of SRV, Edge, and Gilmour effects although the tones need some adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom