Wish Preset "Notes" Field

A text field would take a few bytes of storage and no processing power. How would this reduce future improvement?
Axe-Edit reads all preset info from the preset data on the Axe Fx. That space needs to be allocated in the preset format stored on the Axe Fx and preset space is a limited resource.

Presets are small in actual size... And adding notes will be more than "a few" bytes. Relative to the overall size of a preset and multiplied by 512 (or 1024 on mkII) adds up ;)

Axe-Edit reads all preset info from the preset data on the Axe Fx. That space needs to be allocated in the preset format stored on the Axe Fx and preset space is a limited resource.

Presets are small in actual size... And adding notes will be more than "a few" bytes. Relative to the overall size of a preset and multiplied by 512 (or 1024 on mkII) adds up ;)
Ok, so about 100 bytes or so. I’m using unused scene titles to store notes. No issues with the unit so far doing that. I’d think the idea would be doable but I don’t know for sure. I doubt folks would want notes for every single preset on the units.

Ok, so about 100 bytes or so. I’m using unused scene titles to store notes. No issues with the unit so far doing that. I’d think the idea would be doable but I don’t know for sure. I doubt folks would want notes for every single preset on the units.
It doesn't matter if people want them in all or some... That's why I mentioned the the space has to be allocated in the preset format (at least as far as I'm aware).

Let's say you want to allow 256 bytes (and I suspect people would complain it's not enough - try writing some useful info with 256 characters), that means the format of a preset must reserve 256 bytes for that - whether it's used or not.

The other way to do this would be to "hash" each preset and use that as a key to allow storing the notes "offline"... So the notes would really be stored on your computer and accessible only by Axe-Edit. The problem is then that they are unique to the given computer...

It doesn't matter if people want them in all or some... That's why I mentioned the the space has to be allocated in the preset format (at least as far as I'm aware).

Let's say you want to allow 256 bytes (and I suspect people would complain it's not enough - try writing some useful info with 256 characters), that means the format of a preset must reserve 256 bytes for that - whether it's used or not.

The other way to do this would be to "hash" each preset and use that as a key to allow storing the notes "offline"... So the notes would really be stored on your computer and accessible only by Axe-Edit. The problem is then that they are unique to the given computer...
Or, I keep making notes in OneNote :)

Back
Top Bottom