Wish Preset "Notes" Field

+1

Since Axe-Edit III still cannot export Bundle Presets (containing the presets + User CABs) one of the many utilities of a notes field would be to note which user cabs were used on the preset.

With the Axe-Edit II I always saved all my presets at the computer as bundles, to avoid having orphan CAB blocks.

BTW, another wish reminder: Implement "export as bundle" at Axe-Edit III :)

The more memory you use for features like this, the less you will have for future musical developments.

The more memory you use for features like this, the less you will have for future musical developments.

How so... ? My request is for "Axe Edit" local app storage, wasn't suggesting unit storage.

To quote my original post...

"A simple 512 or 1024 character text area would probably be sufficient.

I realize this would likely affect memory space, so perhaps it can be stored locally in the AXE-EDIT program and not in the Ax unit (as partial relational data)."

+1 ... then be able to export the preset, cab, and notes to a file so they could be used as track recording notes and be able to attach to Reaper or any other DAW :cool:

How so... ? My request is for "Axe Edit" local app storage, wasn't suggesting unit storage.

To quote my original post...

"A simple 512 or 1024 character text area would probably be sufficient.

I realize this would likely affect memory space, so perhaps it can be stored locally in the AXE-EDIT program and not in the Ax unit (as partial relational data)."

The problem is keeping the data synchronized. What is the key linking your metadata and the patch stored on the device? Preset number and name are both bad ideas for a variety of reasons so it’d have to be some other user maintained value just for this purpose. But then what happens if you edit the preset on device - does that value get reset? If not, then what if the associated notes are now wrong? Etc.

Anything that isn’t an intrinsic part of the patch data on-device is going to be unreliable and unmaintainable.

Don’t get me wrong, I think this is a really good feature idea, I just don’t think it’s a good idea to make it Axe-Edit only. I think a length constrained text field would be enough. Hyperlinks can be shortened with a variety of services. Heck, 140 characters is all some people need to wreak havoc so we shouldn’t need much more for some patch notes.

Well, all of these convenience features are nice but at some point they will take away from the available memory and computing power that IMO should be best dedicated to digital audio processing not excel/word/data base type features. These can be handled via external programs not built into the axe itself.

Echoing the desire for this as well. Would love a way to see the important points about a given preset at a glance.

Nice idea!
+1
Thanks
Pauly

I would love to have a "Notes" area where I could store information about the preset.

Ideally, this could be text, hyperlinks, images, studio/live session info, specifics regarding settings for different venues, etc.

Back
Top Bottom