Wish Preset notes directly in Axe-Edit (per preset)

PincoTech

Experienced
I find myself wanting to make notes on evolving presets, and do so by making them in my phone.
Doesn't work very well, if i move the presets, rename them etc.

Example:
After tracking a song arrangement, I went to lay down a thematic style melodic lead.
I went to my go to Friedman preset, but the notes didn't sit right in the mix, and didn't sing the way, i imagined.
No problem, I found the Euro Blue smooth LD preset which i modified, and it nailed all my expectations.
After waiting for more inspiration, a month went by, and i heard the next part of the song arrangement in my head.
"What was that preset? Did i change its name? Oh man, Im going to be really pissed if i can't find that exact tone.
What were the tweaks i made for it to cut through the mix, so i can borrow from that on future projects? Was my delay synced to DAW BPM?
I wish i could make notes for future preset improvements, including additional scenes. What amp is the Euro exactly? I specifically want to remember the way it sings in the upper register, and make notes of that too blah blah....."

Yes, i could make "some notes" in my DAW project.
It still leaves out constant development ideas on a per preset basis, and it can't "sync" to the AXE III, which:mad: creates correlation migraines.

Would attaching a button that says "Preset notes" be possible?
I can't imagine that a pop-up "text entry dialog box" would eat up much memory.

Just to be able to make a simple note of "This preset was developed using the original Fractal preset #... and Cab #", is worth the feature alone.
I might want to clone the original again, for a different iteration, and I can't rely on my memory, a notebook, or iPhone, since, they cannot tie directly to the AXE III.

If this isn't possible, someone please make an app, that can read .syx files and do a crapload of programming lol.

Maybe Al Grenadine can develop this, but a native implementation would be killer.

Id love to hear any further ideas on this, or work arounds that im unaware of.

Thanks! :)

+1 - the old cobwebs inside the lump of stone on top of my neck aren't as sticky as they used to be. A little note storage spot would be a great help....

Wow! you really nailed that......six years ago!

I would think it would be a fairly easy add, in the basic sense anyway.

Data Management is pretty necessary in todays world.
Last time i looked, i have like 135 passwords.
The days of remembering 10 are gone, and finally we have access to Password Managers, with one MASSIVE password to remember, and or retina scan lol.

This isn't exactly the same request but M@ made a post in a wish discussion about custom pop-ups a while back:
A long standing idea in our software dev plan is to have a user-editable file for tips to be shown in the status bar as you mouse over controls in the editor. This could be translated into other languages. This has just never bubbled to the top amongst priorities.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/hints-pop-ups-in-axe-edit-iii.154083/#post-1832789

I was just about to post on this. +1

Maybe there is some reason it is hard to do - or only 10 people want it.

I add the preset name or # to the track name in my DAW. I also put a copy of presets i recoded with in the very last spots the last bank just in case.
also I know there is a note taking thing in logic, I’m sure it’s in other daws too.

+ 1, for sure. Maybe it’s time has come?

Housekeeping is a never-ending bitch, in Real Life AND AFX3!

+1

I was just cleaning up presets and can't remember what I was doing with some of them. Being able to add notes for a preset within Axe Edit would be SO helpful. Please!

Back
Top Bottom