Not a Bug Preset names not loading on FM3 editor on HP laptop unless firmware updated each time.

BAKE

Inspired
Song list order using preset names aren't changing on fm3 editor unless i do a "update after FW" in the settings tab on editor.

There is a refresh option in Manage Presets...

Also, Refresh After Firmware is not a firmware update. ;)

This is expected behavior.

Reactions: JTI
Oh ok, it just never happened on the AX8 or AXE FX2 MKII.
The behavior was changed with the Axe Fx III on request of some users because otherwise you had to wait for all the presets to be scanned when opening Manage Presets.

I think the FM3 just inherited the same change.

@yek can you please clarify why this is not a bug and what is the expected behaviour?

In my case each time I open my FM3 and FM-Edit I have to refresh otherwise the preset list in FM-Edit doesn’t match what’s on the unit. I thought the refresh after FW would update the list and then be recalled each time the unit is connected to FM-Edit.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: Here is another thread in which we tried to understand the behaviour: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/preset-names-not-saving-on-editor.169667/#post-2039336

In the editor, go to Preferences and select the option to make the editor always read the presets at startup.

Reactions: JTI
Refresh after fw update does something else. It copies all effect types and parameters from hardware to the editor. Only needed after fw update.

Ok ,I get this ,it basically does it for you so you do have to hit refresh in the preset page . Why then has it saved some of my presets on edit and all on the unit itself ,is it the last bank with certain preset numbers that dont save on edit .( unless you refresh every time ) because it was a factory preset I dragged to last bank and saved . I‘m just curious on how some have saved and now I have to refresh presets or go into preferences

Yes got that one , some have saved and presets show up without refreshing ,or changing preference. Just wondering

Back
Top Bottom