Preset management

Intheband

Inspired
Whats the best an EASIEST way to move ALL of your presets in your library over 30 spaces? I have like 400 presets. Objective is to free up the first 30 for custom layouts for foot controller. I tried moving more than one preset at a time but would not highlight and move for me. There has to be a better way. Thanks

I've moved lots of presets around by exporting them to a folder on my hard drive, then re-importing them (drag-and-drop) at the desired location. So, you'd export everything, then re-import starting at #30. Not sure if there's an easier way, but that's how I re-arranged things to make room for AustinBuddy's presets.

My computer does not allow moving multiple presets at one time in preset manager. Looking for options to move 400 presets over 30 spaces. One at a time is not optimal.

My computer does not allow moving multiple presets at one time in preset manager. Looking for options to move 400 presets over 30 spaces. One at a time is not optimal.
you need to use Axe-Manage Presets - it's a menu item in Axe-Edit. you don't click "Presets" you click "Tools" in the top menu bar, then Axe-Manage Presets.

then you click the first preset you want to move (click and let go, don't hold), now press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard, then click (and let go) the LAST preset you want to move, then let go of the SHIFT key. this will multiple select many presets. this works for almost everything on a computer, when you want to select multiple files.

i would scroll back to the first preset - don't click any Preset name, just scroll - then click, hold, and drag the presets to the new slot. if you are actually moving ALL of them, you'll need to wait for a good while for it to finish. when it's done, click Save.

Back
Top Bottom