Preset Load Problem [solved]

vredeveldt

Hi, i am a new proud AXE FX 3 user and i'm having some diffuculties making the FC-12 floorcontroller do what i want it to do.
The problem is the following, i am using scenes and have a couple of presets that i go back and forth with.
The way it's set at this moment is that when i go up with BANK+1x, it goes 1 preset up but it automaticaly loads the preset.
This can be very handy but if you want to make a larger leap, let's say from preset 1 to 5 than it would be nice if you could go to that 5th position in front without loading/enaging the preset. You are having it in standby so to speak. No when i go into the editor there are three options which you can program the buttons for switching when you choose BANK as category and want to fill out the PRESET LOAD. That's NONE, CURRENT and FIRST. I would say i have to use NONE for my particular preference.
I don't know what i do wrong but i can't get it to work properly because the preset comes back automatically to the preset i came from and i can not choose a particular scene to activate the new sound. I hope somebody can help me out with this issue !

Greets Collin

The None option shouldn't recall any presets if you are just using Bank Up/Down. This should cause any buttons with the Preset (Select in Bank) option to display their respective preset. You then hit the Preset (Select in Bank) button to take you to that specific preset. Keep in mind your Bank Size determines how many presets are in each Bank UP/Down cycle. With an FC12, I'd think you'd want a Bank Size of 10, but anything is fair game.

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to do. You mention the "preset comes back automatically to the preset I came from". That sounds to me, like the preset never really changed and it's working properly. However, you mention you can't select scenes as well. I'm honestly a bit baffled by this, and I suspect you might not be using the right terminology here. It almost sounds like you are on an FC LAYOUT for Presets and might not understand how to get back to an FC layout that has your SCENES.

Hi, i am a new proud AXE FX 3 user and i'm having some diffuculties making the FC-12 floorcontroller do what i want it to do.
The problem is the following, i am using scenes and have a couple of presets that i go back and forth with.
The way it's set at this moment is that when i go up with BANK+1x, it goes 1 preset up but it automaticaly loads the preset.
This can be very handy but if you want to make a larger leap, let's say from preset 1 to 5 than it would be nice if you could go to that 5th position in front without loading/enaging the preset. You are having it in standby so to speak. No when i go into the editor there are three options which you can program the buttons for switching when you choose BANK as category and want to fill out the PRESET LOAD. That's NONE, CURRENT and FIRST. I would say i have to use NONE for my particular preference.
I don't know what i do wrong but i can't get it to work properly because the preset comes back automatically to the preset i came from and i can not choose a particular scene to activate the new sound. I hope somebody can help me out with this issue !

Greets Collin
when the preset is "waiting" to be selected due to the None option, are you pressing a Scene switch first to select a Scene from a new preset?

when the preset is "waiting" to be selected due to the None option, are you pressing a Scene switch first to select a Scene from a new preset?

Greets Collin
At first, thanks for your help. I do know how to get out of the FC Layout mode. Depending on the time which i have selected in FC Config / Main notification hold the new preset name and number is shown for the correct amount of time. And because i have selected NONE in the field PRESET LOAD this is probably al correct and working properly. The only thing is that is should be able to press another button ( in my case a scene button ) while display the preset notification to engage the new selected preset. That part does not work, i can not go into the new preset so after the selected time it flips back to the former presetnumber. In FC CONFIG i have the BANK SIZE selected as 1 by the way, this way it steps up only one preset at a time. I hope that i made myself clear regarding this issue. Help is appreciated.

Thanks for helping me out, yes, that is is what i try to do. But unfortunately the new selected scene shows only the name and number and will not engage the new presetnumber by pressing one of the scene buttons. So after a few seconds i am back to where i came from. The display message actually should remain visable until you choose to activate your a new preset and not return any sooner.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me out, yes, that is is what i try to do. But unfortunately the new selected scene shows only the name and number and will not engage the new presetnumber by pressing one of the scene buttons. So after a few seconds i am back to where i came from.
when the preset is "waiting" to be selected, if you press a Scene switch, the new preset hasn't been selected and you change scenes on the old preset.

you need to change presets first, then you can change scenes in that preset.

when the preset is "waiting" to be selected, if you press a Scene switch, the new preset hasn't been selected and you change scenes on the old preset.

If i choose to load a preset first by choosing CURRENT or FIRST in PRESET LOAD behaviour than it works but also engages a scene immediately and changes the sound also. It should not engage the scene at the same time if you know what i mean. if that is possible my problem is solved.

If i choose to load a preset first by choosing CURRENT or FIRST in PRESET LOAD behaviour than it works but also engages a scene immediately and changes the sound also. It should not engage the scene at the same time if you know what i mean. if that is possible my problem is solved.
A Scene is part of a preset. You can’t load a preset without loading a Scene.

Set it to None, choose a preset, then choose a scene before you start playing.

I do not have any buttons programmed which behave like a presetbutton so that's why i cannot activate the new preset when having the preset load set to NONE. I have programmed most of my buttons on my fc-12 to toggle between effects on and off like delay and reverb etc. and have 4 scene buttons on the lower row to changes between scenes. And on the right side of the fc12 i have my Bank up and Down buttons which go up or down 1 step at a time. I think the way i want to aproach patches might not be possible or the wright way to approach it.

Last edited:
I do not have any buttons programmed which behave like a presetbutton so that's why i cannot activate the new preset when having the preset load set to NONE. I have programmed most of my buttons on my fc-12 to toggle between effects on and off like delay and reverb etc. and have 4 scene buttons on the lower row to changes between scenes. And on the right side of the fc12 i have my Bank up and Down buttons which go up or down 1 step at a time. I think the way i want to aproach patches might not be possible or the wright way to approach it.
I totally changed the fc-12 layout, i made some modifications to default fc-12 layouts already integrated in the Axe and they work flawless, so for me this topic is closed, thanks for the input people...!

I do not have any buttons programmed which behave like a presetbutton so that's why i cannot activate the new preset when having the preset load set to NONE.
this wasn't known until this post, so all previous recommendations were based on thinking you have Preset switches since you use Bank switches. you could change the Bank switches to just Preset +1 or -1. Banks are used to change groups of Presets at a time, but without a Preset switch to hit, Banks are somewhat unusable. maybe this is what you were facing.

ditch the Bank switches if you don't have any "Preset in Bank" switches, and just go preset up and down (+1 or -1) perhaps.

this wasn't known until this post, so all previous recommendations were based on thinking you have Preset switches since you use Bank switches. you could change the Bank switches to just Preset +1 or -1. Banks are used to change groups of Presets at a time, but without a Preset switch to hit, Banks are somewhat unusable. maybe this is what you were facing.

ditch the Bank switches if you don't have any "Preset in Bank" switches, and just go preset up and down (+1 or -1) perhaps.
That was indeed the problem i was facing, but i am glad everything works fine now !
I also have a little better understanding of the unit now and it controls my presets very well with 4 presets to choose from in the upper row and 4 scene buttons to control all 8 scenes. On the top left i have my effects button which directs me to my effectslayout page. I included a Looper button there also which directs me to the looper layout page, really great !
The FC-12 is really flexible !
Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom