Implemented Preset Linked to Layout

bread

Power User
I've only had my III for a few days but I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out how to assign a layout to a preset.

What I want is a standard layout where I have 5 scenes and 5 effects, plus preset up and down - this is Ok, I have this.

Preset number 2 I want layout 2 so I have 10 scenes. I have a number of songs that use very similar amps and have similar sounds but different levels, so each scene I can set the level independently (for example). Our keyboard player gets louder and quieter on some songs so this way I can easily compensate.

Plus, it would be a cool feature anyway ...

Thanks
Bread

Read up on per-preset footswitches. It lets you assign whatever footswitches you want on a per-preset basis.

Last edited:
I don't think layout links do what I want ..

What i want to do is assign a layout to a preset so when I change a preset the layout assigned to it automatically loads.

So preset 1 is 5 scenes and 5 effects

Preset 2 is 10 scenes

Preset 3 is 5 scenes and 5 effects

No extra button presses just preset up and down changes the preset and the layout automatically.

I don't think layout links do what I want ..

What i want to do is assign a layout to a preset so when I change a preset the layout assigned to it automatically loads.

So preset 1 is 5 scenes and 5 effects

Preset 2 is 10 scenes

Preset 3 is 5 scenes and 5 effects

No extra button presses just preset up and down changes the preset and the layout automatically.
A Layout Link can be assigned to trigger following your button's normal function.

So, you press the switch for Preset 1 and the Axe Fx changes to preset #1 and then the FC changes to Layout X.

However, you only have 8 layouts (9 if you count the MLM).

So, as I said, if you have minimal requirements for different layouts it would work.

Otherwise, you have up to 24 per-preset switches that you can use in each preset.

Back
Top Bottom