Preset limit using Bank function

Eric Rowland

Inspired
I'm using the FC-6 Firmware 1.05...
After updating the firmware I can only use presets 0-207 using the Bank +1 or -1 button. I have the presets I primarily use in slots 410-418. Any attempt to manually select a preset (410-418) and use the Bank selector to advance to my next set of 4 presets reverts to presets 000-003. I attempted to set the Bank limit from 51 to 105 but still no change. Any advice to a noob is appreciated.

There is something of a workaround--edit the bank up/down switches to set the upper bank limit to 128. That will provide access as long as you don't cycle the power, after which it will be back to 51.

Danny W.

There is something of a workaround--edit the bank up/down switches to set the upper bank limit to 128. That will provide access as long as you don't cycle the power, after which it will be back to 51.

Danny W.

Just to clarify... This workaround does not work. You can change the limit to 128, save it, but it will not hold. It reverts back to 51.
For my gigs, I had to move my gig presets to slots lower than 204.

Just to clarify... This workaround does not work. You can change the limit to 128, save it, but it will not hold. It reverts back to 51.
For my gigs, I had to move my gig presets to slots lower than 204.

See below:

You might have missed this in his post:

"That will provide access as long as you don't cycle the power"

Thank you!

I only use a pair of bank switches, so it's not impractical to edit them to 128 from the front panel--takes maybe a minute. Just have to hope for no power failure during the gig. ;)

Danny W.

See below:

"That will provide access as long as you don't cycle the power"

Thank you!

I only use a pair of bank switches, so it's not impractical to edit them to 128 from the front panel--takes maybe a minute. Just have to hope for no power failure during the gig. ;)

Danny W.

That is not a work around that works for me. I just moved my gig presets, only 5, to slots below 204. That will work for me until the issue is fixed.

A fix for this will be in the next release of the Axe-Fx III firmware.

Next release meaning 5.0.6 that was released on Thursday, or one still to be released? I'm not clear on the status, since the statement was made on Monday. Please let me know if there is a work-around.

Next release meaning 5.0.6 that was released on Thursday, or one still to be released? I'm not clear on the status, since the statement was made on Monday. Please let me know if there is a work-around.

This was fixed in 5.06.

Danny W.

Sorry, failed to clarify. I applied 5.0.6 and the behavior did not change for me. Was the firmware change alone the fix, or were there additional manual steps?

Sorry, failed to clarify. I applied 5.0.6 and the behavior did not change for me. Was the firmware change alone the fix, or were there additional manual steps?
Did you try changing the value and restarting?

My understanding is that the fix is in 5.06.

This was fixed in 5.06.

Danny W.

Did you try changing the value and restarting?

My understanding is that the fix is in 5.06.

So, is it fixed in 5.0.6 but requires a manual step? I see a reference to editing the bank up/down switch- is that what you mean? It looks like people had tried that but it didn't work. Looking in the manual as I speak as to how to do that, since this seems like such an obvious thing to try from these posts...

So, is it fixed in 5.0.6 but requires a manual step? I see a reference to editing the bank up/down switch- is that what you mean? It looks like people had tried that but it didn't work. Looking in the manual as I speak as to how to do that, since this seems like such an obvious thing to try from these posts...
Are you experiencing the problem? If not, there is nothing to do.

If you are, then change the setting and see if it remains changed after restarting.

Are you experiencing the problem? If not, there is nothing to do.

If you are, then change the setting and see if it remains changed after restarting.

???
See above. Yes, same behavior after applying the firmware update and restarting a couple of times. Change what setting, exactly?

???
See above. Yes, same behavior after applying the firmware update and restarting a couple of times. Change what setting, exactly?
Sorry... I missed that somehow

Did you change the Upper Limit setting?

Sounds like you probably did. I was just trying to confirm you changed that setting and it reverted after rebooting.

Are you 100% sure you updated to FW 5.06?

Did you change the Upper Limit setting?

Thanks, Where is that setting? I can't find it in the manual, and I am pretty certain I have looked at every menu on the device itself! I found bank size and set it to 8 just as a test, it didn't change anything so I set it back.

Setup/utilities shows 5.0.6 installed as of four days ago

Back
Top Bottom