PRESET levels increase when selecting amp block in AxeEdit ?

s0c9

Was playing Top Boost and a couple of other presets in that general area of Bank A last night.
I noticed that when I clicked on the amp block, my output levels jumped dramatically - but there were no settings changes that I could find in the amp or output blocks. It was just way louder and I was clipping big time (lots of red lights on front of II), so reduced the Master Out by about -9dB to adjust. There were about 5 presets (above/below/near) Top Boost that did this. Most did not.

Anyone experienced this ?

Just tried, nope. Not when using Axe-Edit and not when selecting the Amp block via the front panel.

Just tried, nope. Not when using Axe-Edit and not when selecting the Amp block via the front panel.
Thanks Yek! will try again tonight to duplicate... have to get thru rest of day at work :(

I'm not certain that the numbers displayed in Axe-Edit are accurate compared
to what's really in the Axe when the levels go nutso, especially in the output block.

I haven't had any increases ( yet )like you describe, but when I move the channel level knob
in the output section on a patch with leveling issues the actual volume jump is way more
than should be expected with a 0.01 change...

I have had exactly this happen in earlier builds (1.0.15x?) but not recently.

In my case, it ( level weirdness ) seems to be happening more often in the latest build.

Is it possible something didn't get replaced properly during the update process?

I notice that user skins don't get written over and they're inside the Mac package...

I have had exactly this happen in earlier builds (1.0.15x?) but not recently.
LOL - me 2 and I thought we'd fixed that issue. Since I'm now working on replacing my Ultra in my live rig (put the II in the rack and taking to rehearsal tonight) it's become an issue. I may just resend Bank A to the II, but last night I notice MAJOR distortion on the input side of quite a few of the 1st 15 (or so) presets I was noodling with. Lowering the input level did little to fix that - had to reduce amp levels. Also experienced some of that "bassy" overtone mentioned in other posts. Probably need to adjust global EQ (which I've not had to do on the Ultra).
Open to suggestions here... will probably start with resending Bank A.. have not noticed it happening with presets above the 1st 40 tho... kinda weird ?>!

Problem SOLVED !!
Let me state that even those of us who are supposed to "know what we are doing" can get it wrong !! LOL
A little research in another area led me to find that the POWER AMP sim was somehow turned OFF in Global settings. <cheesy grin>
That's one of those <DOI !!! smacks forehead, forms an "L" using thumb and index finger on head moments...>
Turned it back on .. and problem has vanished. It would be an understatement to say that everything sounds so much better now :)
Wonder how long it's been like that ?????

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom