• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Bug? Preset Levelling to different spaces in macos

jordikt

Inspired
Step by step:
I open FM3-Edit in space 1.
I open the Preset Levelling window in same space 1.
I open mission control.
I move the Preset Levelling window from space 1 to space 2.
Now Main Editor window is in space 1 and Preset Levelling window is in space 2.
This is perfect.

But if I don't open the mission control, and I drag the Preset Levelling Window to the top left or top right of the screen, the window doesn't change of space.

Greg Ferguson

Power User
I’m not sure this will result in an improvement in usability.

When leveling presets and scenes we need to be able to move easily and quickly between them, but with the leveling window in a different space you can’t easily switch using key presses or clicks because they need to occur when the main preset window has focus. That means you’ll be switching from space to space in addition to switching focus. If the leveling window and the preset window are in the same space at least a change of focus to the preset window will allow key presses or clicks to increment/decrement the scene or preset, and it’s easy to visually check levels with a glance or quickly switch focus and tweak levels while the main preset screen is displaying something else.

That’s all based on lots of use of those windows and noticing when I’m switching focus and moving between my scenes and presets.

Last edited:

jordikt

Inspired
I’m not sure this will result in an improvement in usability.

When leveling presets and scenes we need to be able to move easily and quickly between them, but with the leveling window in a different space you can’t easily switch using key presses or clicks because they need to occur when the main preset window has focus. That means you’ll be switching from space to space in addition to switching focus. If the leveling window and the preset window are in the same space at least a change of focus to the preset window will allow key presses or clicks to increment/decrement the scene or preset, and it’s easy to visually check levels with a glance or quickly switch focus and tweak levels while the main preset screen is displaying something else.

That’s all based on lots of use of those windows and noticing when I’m switching focus and moving between my scenes and presets.

Off-topic from this wish: The issue of loosing focus on the main window of the editor it has been a problem to me. I find myself hitting the same shortcut several times like a troglodyte too many times :rolleyes:
At the end, I have fixed with a small applescript to hide the editor when it looses the focus :)

Regarding moving the preset levelling window to another space, it can be useful for example if you want to have in the same space the window of the mixer of your audio device and the preset levelling. Anyway, it's not a wish. I just wonder if it's a correct behaviour or it's a bug.

Top Bottom