Preset Inspired by George Lynch

just got axe fx 3 but have had an xl+ and ax8, presets never seem to sound like they do in the videos, any suggestions would be great, thx

how does it sound to you, for me it seems lacking some balls like in Leons video, im playing through a friedman asm12 on 1 side and a matrx fr12 powered speaker on the other...

Mike Gillham I wonder if the difference you're hearing is you playing through amplified speakers vs. the video having been recorded (at least somewhat) direct.

Also give scene 2 a try, the delay seems to add quite a bit to the overall sound. Also make sure your input 1 in setup - I/O - Input one is cranked up good.

My PRS isn't quite as bright and produces less harmonics in the crunch, gonna try changing out the strings and recording the difference.

Hi Mike - I'm new to this stuff, but I managed to download the preset and the user cabs from the links in the original post.

I then used Axe Edit to import the preset into a blank preset (424 for me) from my downloads folder and save it. I then selected the cab from grid view in Axe Edit and clicked on the 'picker' option in the cabs section for Cab 1 (which is set to User). That should open a list of user Cabs.

You will need to import the new user cabs (that you will have downloaded from the link above) by clicking the 'manage' button at the bottom right. Once the manage window opens click user slot 7 and right click and select import. Browse to your downloads folder or wherever you saved the files from the link above and select the file 'U1-0007_TV GB 57 C TR.syx' and save it. Follow the same process for User slot 8 with the other cab file. The only other change I had to make was to change the Output block from 'Output 4' to 'Output 1' and it worked and sounded great for me (thanks Leon).

As I say I'm new to this but I managed to fumble my way through as described above, so the hopefully the description helps you.

If not I'm sure a more experienced user than me will be able to help. In fact there is probably a video somewhere on how to do it properly that someone could provide a link to (hopefully).

Good luck and fingers crossed it helps.

Cheers.
Thanks I was stumped why i had no sound changing to OUTPUT 1 did it. Hilarious that i didn't see that. thanks again

Hi Mike - if the cabs are loaded as shown in the image above from 'veritechc' then another thing maybe worth trying is to adjust the low cut filter for the Cab block (its set to 120Hz in the preset).
If you select the cab1 as in the image below in and then select the 'preamp' tab you will see the filter section (just to the right of Tone). If you lower the cut off frequency on the 'low cut' from the 120Hz to something like 80Hz or 50Hz it might improve the low end for you with your setup.

upload_2018-8-30_20-56-27.png
Again, I'm very new to this stuff so someone else may have a better idea. Good luck, hope it helps.

Cheers,

Leon - The patch, the cabs and the video make a fantastic package. I've learned more from this package than I think I would have by staring at any manual solidly for a week.

Great content!

Thank you for sharing all three.

You know what I love about this patch? It's not exact, it's one person's take on the sound that sounds great. Don't get me wrong, I love tone matches and all that. But I love patches like this that bring out a different take on a classic sound. Use a new amp and try something different that sounds great. Great work. Thanks for sharing this.

Back
Top Bottom