Preset Fades Out / Crackling

Coil68

Inspired
I have an issue where during playing, the volume will almost completely drop out and the output becomes completely "crackled" and distorted. I've switched presets and also turned the unit on and off - and this fixes the problem. Its happened across various firmware revisions, system re-sets, and different presets. It's infrequent - so I have not pinned it to an exact circumstance. I'm not using any external pedals when this happens- just the Front Instrument In and Out 1 to my RCF10.... No clipping In/Out, etc. Today it happened in the middle of the VibroKing factory preset.

Update: From a little reading here, it's similar to the Bitcrush issue sound wise. USB was not connected at the time though.

Last edited:
What range of firmware did you use? All 10.xx? Anything older?

It happened in versions previous to 10.05. I purchased my FX2 in Feb, 2012 - I remember it happening soon after I got it and getting that "oh no!" feeling. Like I mentioned, changing presets or turning it off/on clears it. I'd say its occurred three times since then. I'm just a home player - so it's just been a very minor and infrequent inconvenience. Unit seems to be working perfectly otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom