Preset exchange for fx8?

I don't see it- If any administrator views this - make an Fx8 exchange!! Most the ax8 have amp models etc- I just need fx --

Actually, full FX8 presets are a bit specific to the amp each user has, so I can kind of see why people don't post a lot. I know a lot of guys are running the TC-50 rig with the FX8, and even then the presets between us don't always match up to the way we each set up our amps. It's a bit more complicated to match up to the individual sounds.

Not sure if @X-Mann put his presets on that page, but he has posted a lot of presets in the past based on his TC-50 rig, and I posted one on a thread recently. His are probably more useful, as they are designed for his cover band, often for specific songs, and mine was more for the sounds I go for on originals, and I also use a Source Audio Kingmaker for drives along with the FX8.

What I really think would be cool is to have more particular effects blocks. I really probably wouldn't be hitting it that much, but I know a lot of people come looking for specific things like Van Halen flanger or phaser, and U2 delay blocks, etc.

Yes- i just like having a new starting point. But it would be super cool if there were presets based on all the pedals out there. I know parameters are always different. But just a sound in the ballpark.

Here’s a link to a thread where I share around 50-Song based FX8 presets w/ scenes in them. This is a Dropbox link to ALL of my “X-Mann” presets at one time. I do have 4-different presets uploaded to the Axe-Change website you can also try too.

These are set-up for th Mesa TC-50 amp, but with slight modifications to the drive pedal settings, they should work with any amp.

Go to page six & you’ll see the song list & amp settings & other information.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/blown-away-by-the-fx8-mkii-xs-journey.120464/page-6

The FX8 is actually very easy to set-up & use for the most part. I think most people start off creating their own presets using the factory ones 1st. Remember to copy/paste your favorite FX blocks from preset to preset too!

Good luck on your tone quest!

Peace! X

I agree that a way to post and exchange blocks would make more sense than entire presets. Blocks are just more interchangeable? In particular PEQ and Comp blocks are hard to get exactly right. I've downloaded a couple of them that are workhorses for me.

Thanks!
I didn’t know i can copy/paste blocks.
Im going to look into that. Should help a ton. I guess i just need to start tweaking blocks and finding the sounds i want.

ok I can see the preset files-- but i can't open them-- im on a mac and when i open a download file it won't open cause safari can't open it.

ok I can see the preset files-- but i can't open them-- im on a mac and when i open a download file it won't open cause safari can't open it.
You need “FX8-Edit” (Software) to load User Presets into the FX8.

X

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom