preset engages when scene is selected

Fedelab

I come from an analog pedalboard (all pedals connected to a programmable switcher) that allowed me to scroll through presets without engaging them unless I selected a scene. Let's say I'm playing with preset 1 scene 3 and I want to go to preset 3 scene 4. I would have scrolled through presets (bank up/down) and then press the scene 4 button to load that preset/scene at the same time. I realized that on my FM9, when I select a preset it gets loaded using the scene I saved it with. Is it just me or any of you feels the same way?

I come from an analog pedalboard (all pedals connected to a programmable switcher) that allowed me to scroll through presets without engaging them unless I selected a scene. Let's say I'm playing with preset 1 scene 3 and I want to go to preset 3 scene 4. I would have scrolled through presets (bank up/down) and then press the scene 4 button to load that preset/scene at the same time. I realized that on my FM9, when I select a preset it gets loaded using the scene I saved it with. Is it just me or any of you feels the same way?
A Scene switch only changes scenes. That can only be done in the current preset.

A Preset switch only changes presets. That always loads the default scene of the preset.

You could use Setlist functions as mentioned above or you could look into PC Mapping.

But otherwise there's no option to change to a specific scene in a specific preset with a single switch.

A Scene switch only changes scenes. That can only be done in the current preset.

A Preset switch only changes presets. That always loads the default scene of the preset.

You could use Setlist functions as mentioned above or you could look into PC Mapping.

But otherwise there's no option to change to a specific scene in a specific preset with a single switch.

Yeah I got it. Altough with analog pedals an a programmable switcher I was able to do that. Thing is, the machine can actually already load a preset and a scene at the same time and it sounds easy to me to be able to add a feature that allows me to choose the scene.
Don't you think?

@Greg Ferguson
I thought about it and I knew that the setlist/song would allow me to do what I've asked for, but the issue is that I can only deal with 6 sounds per song (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm new on fractal, only watched tutorials, worked on the FM9 for about 100 hours and read most of the manual). May be just my idea but I'd love to have more sounds choices.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I had to tag you cuz I couldn't reply to your message. Forum says it's inappropriate

FWIW: in FM9-EDIT - Setup - Config you can set a global setting Default Scene.
View attachment 120765
Thanks but I guess this wouldn’t solve my issue. If I understand correctly what you’re suggesting is that I can impose a scene when I select a preset (instead of the “as saved”). My goal was to choose the scene with the foot switches. The way you are suggesting would be like programming (not and the fly) and I’m sure fm9 can do some crazy things.

I was triggered by the text i quoted in my previous post, but after reading it all again i see what you really wanted :)

Yeah I got it. Altough with analog pedals an a programmable switcher I was able to do that. Thing is, the machine can actually already load a preset and a scene at the same time and it sounds easy to me to be able to add a feature that allows me to choose the scene.
Don't you think?
It definitely could be useful to be able to set a switch to select a preset+scene combo.

But what you're asking for seems different.

Maybe describe the workflow you'd want to use?

Don't you think?
I think you need to explain your workflow as @unix-guy suggested.

The layouts are extremely flexible, but when people first move to the Fractal environment they're not thinking in Fractal terms, they're still thinking in their "old way", and often request changes to the system to make it more like what they're used to. Let us know what you're trying to do, rather than asking for a change to do it the old way, and we can probably show you the "Fractal way".

And, if we can't, that is the time to make a wish explaining what you've tried and where it broke down and needs something added that's currently missing.

Back
Top Bottom