Wish Preset Cycle via external pedal input

theo

Experienced
When on stage with my Axe Fx 2 I would use a boss fs5u (momentary N/O switch) plugged into the pedal input to swap between my lead and rhythm presets on stage, I loved it because it's so small, I can have it right up against a foldback wedge with no problem and there's no power or midi requirement.

I was using the fs5u to cycle my presets. However I limited that cycle from preset 0 to preset 1 (my rhythm and lead patches) so that it effectively just swaps between the two.

I'm trying to achieve the same setup with my AX8 and after posting in the discussion board for advice I've been informed that this feature was likely removed due to the buttons on the AX8 being able to achieve the same result. However I'd like to point out the benefit of this option; my AX8 can sit further to the side of the stage (safe from my vocalist or from crowd members with beers) whilst I'm also able to be right up against (or on top of) the foldback wedges without worrying about anything under my feet being damaged but I can still change between my main two presets. Returning to the AX8 when I need something less commonly used or for tuning.

After taking the AX8 on tour this need is even more evident than before. Really hoping that Cliff will weigh in on this issue.

If not it looks like I'll have to bust out the soldering iron and route parallel contacts from one of the switches to my output jack to achieve the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom