preset corrupted with latest AxeEdit?

I'm glad to hear others are experiencing the same thing. I thought I was losing my mind or misunderstood global blocks. They probably work when initializing and linking using the Axe interface but AxeEdit is too unpredictable. I've stopped using them.

FWIW, I have stopped using Global blocks in AE. They are just not reliable. I hope they get fixed because they make patch managment so much easier. I'm having other issues with AE not related to Globals (another thread on "Sync From HW Issues"). So, you are not losing your mind!

Hey there.
Similar problems with global blocks here.
I already reported my problems on this thread:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-bugs/47967-presets-corrupt.html

I'm glad this problem is getting more press. I've reported numerious issues with Globals and AE in general in the bugs section 6 weeks ago. I thought it was me. I'm confident it will get resovled its just managing the frustration until then. To look at the positive side and agree with another post here, I am getting better on the front panel editor....I just don't like it!

This problem is actively being worked on.

If you rebuild your globals using the Axe-Fx II front panel it should fix the problem.

Yes, especially when it happens late at night (11:00PM), so I had to rebuild and was up until 4:00AM doing it. In my case it was the number of blocks perhaps, as it was fine until I added the last block (a GEQ ) which trashed it. As soon as I removed that last block and rebuilt everything including all the jumbled params it was happy again.

Seeing it's the Ultra they'll likely not worry about it, but it had nothing to do with Global Blocks.

I realize that the developers are trying to do their best, but having one's tools shit on one's work gets old after awhile.

FWIW, I have stopped using Global blocks in AE. They are just not reliable. ...

Me too.
If you compare the time that it takes to rebuild all your presets because global blocks "killed" them or to copy all changes to concerend presets, I rather do the second.
For me, this takes less than 5 minutes. Compared with 10 hours of rebuilding (only because I backuped a preset with my main amp in my preset library somehow) it's no difficult choice to make :D

But yes, since the global blocks freaked out I'm getting faster on the hardware.
At least one good thing :D

Back
Top Bottom