Preset Compatibility with Firmware 19

Trio

Hello -

First post here.

I bought a used Axe-Fx II Mark II and it has version 19 firmware installed. I would like to download lots of presets from axechange to try, but I'm concerned with which firmware revisions are compatible with the most current version.

In other words, which presets created under older versions of firmware will sound OK?

Thanks.

You can't load XL presets on your Mark II.

Any other Axe2 preset will load, but you just have to try them to hear for yourself how good or bad they translate to the current firmware. Tweak as necessary........

You'll have much better results building your own amp tones from scratch, although you can get great effects & patch setup ideas from other folks presets.

Last edited:
have been doing this for 6 1/2 years. some work OK and some don't. They almost always need a tweak..........some more than others.........I have some I still use with 19.1 today that were from FW 10, 11,and such

And Now I have an XL+ which didn't even exist when 10,11, etc came out.

But as W mentioned above you can learn a lot this way... .

You have a Mark II, so:
* You can not use patches made for XL, XL+, Standard or Ultra.
* Every patch made for Axe Fx II (except those above) will work on your II if they are made with the same or earlier firmware as you have installed.
* If they will sound OK is impossible to say. Some people don't have the same taste as you, also different firmwares often change the sound more or less. Another issue is that many have user IR's for their patches which you may not have available. Makes a huge difference. Guitars and pickups used to make the patch will also make a big difference.

I've learned much from just download other users presets and study the layout and see how they build their presets, even if it doesn't sound "right" to you, often a couple of minor tweaks gets you in the ballpark.

Also when you search in axechange you can set preferences for the machine you have .. if I don't remember wrong so that it will only display i.e axe fx II presets in the result list of your search or browse.

You will probably always make some tweaks anyway .. it's just on our DNA .. hehehe .. :)

Well anyway just my 2 cents ..

welcome to the forum and congrats to the purchase of the greatest magic black box in .. well .. forever basically ..

::)

Back
Top Bottom