preset compatibility between II and III

Considering how many beta testers had/have units, I think Al has proven himself more than worthy of a loaner to develop a preset translator. Seems like a no-brainer. He has done more for the Fractal community (at no charge) than anyone else I can think of.

His efforts would result in at least one sale (mine). I'd also pay for a translator that worked well enough to save 75% of the effort required to recreate 200 presets from scratch.

I really don't understand why FAS didn't work with @AlGrenadine when developing the III because he has done so many useful things with his FracTool and FracPad that FAS said could never be done. Another thing I find strange is that 3rd party MFC's like the RJM Mastermind GT and FAMC Liquid Foot+ integrate better with the Axe-Fx II than the FAS MFC-101. I think FAS makes the best sounding products but I sometimes feel like they're a little outdated when it comes to user friendliness and are just a slight step up from an ART SGX2000 and X-15 from the mid 90's.

I really don't understand why FAS didn't work with @AlGrenadine when developing the III because he has done so many useful things with his FracTool and FracPad that FAS said could never be done. Another thing I find strange is that 3rd party MFC's like the RJM Mastermind GT and FAMC Liquid Foot+ integrate better with the Axe-Fx II than the FAS MFC-101. I think FAS makes the best sounding products but I sometimes feel like they're a little outdated when it comes to user friendliness and are just a slight step up from an ART SGX2000 and X-15 from the mid 90's.
I also wondered why Al was not a beta tester and given an opportunity to develop a utility before launch. I don't think it is an insult to anyone to say that Al would have been one of the most valuable members of the beta team in that capacity. And I agree that Al has made reality many user-friendly tools that perhaps Fractal should have delivered. To not actively invite his participation with open arms and provide him the required tools (even if temporarily) is a head-scratcher.

I think FAS makes the best sounding products but I sometimes feel like they're a little outdated when it comes to user friendliness and are just a slight step up from an ART SGX2000 and X-15 from the mid 90's.

But that's what makes FAS what it is Ask on a Kemper forum for a brown sound profile and someone will give you a download link. Ask here for a brown sound preset and someone will give you a link to a 20 minute youtube video that shows tweaks you can make to dozens of advanced parameters. I am not making this up :).

If you look at the treatment the original axe fx editor app author took from FAS, its no surprise Al's contributions aren't valued enough by FAS to include him as a beta tester.

Yes FAS could make things more user friendly, but then it wouldn't be FAS :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom