preset compatibility between II and III

bradlake

Axe-Master
As the first units trickle into our hot little hands some guidance would be appreciated....
Pending the release of updated manual, AxE Edit and Fractal Bot, as well as hopefully an updated FracTool from Al,
what is the level of compatibility between II and III presets and if possible, any current method of importation?
Thanks! I am ridiculously giddy about this new magic box.....:)

Yeah this is probably the thing that interests me the most about switching over from the II. There are some absolutely amazing presets I had setup with the II and I know the III is more than capable of it and more, but I am going to be anxious to get them moved over as soon as I get the III and try and pick up where I left off, or even tinker and improve them on the III as soon as possible.

Presets are incompatible.

thanks!

At the announcement of the Axe III release I immediately sold Ax8, making a back up first. Is there a way to extract data from the system.syx, preset.syx and cab.syx files and then insert them manually into axe III to recreate the presets?

E
thanks!

At the announcement of the Axe III release I immediately sold Ax8, making a back up first. Is there a way to extract data from the system.syx, preset.syx and cab.syx files and then insert them manually into axe III to recreate the presets?
I believe Fractool can open your saved presets and you can export the block/ routing data to read and put manually in the III , but I havent had need to try it yet, and also don’t know if the block data from II and three also differ in parameter ranges etc. due to new firmware/software.....

thanks, I understood that there isn't compatibility, so I would just like to have a track to follow.
That's because I like the idea of me working again to recreate presets on the new interface, for me it's a big part of my fun.

Anyone else kind of excited about starting from scratch with the III? I'll probably transfer a few of my favorites but I plan on just using them as a starting point. The III opens up a whole new world of opportunities.
I am. I am sure we are going to have a whole new box crayons to color our tone with. It’s exciting for sure.

Last edited:
I have to admit that, once I had some good presets that covered my gigging needs, I quit digging further on them. Frankly, the presets were always something that I felt I could better, but never did. I'm not anticipating the function of setting amps and such to be dramatically different on the III, though the interface looks to be a lot more informative and easy to navigate. Now that I have to work on the presets anyway, this will be a great time to add those things I have wanted to for a while.

Looking forward to it.

Somebody get @AlGrenadine a III, stat!!!!!
Considering how many beta testers had/have units, I think Al has proven himself more than worthy of a loaner to develop a preset translator. Seems like a no-brainer. He has done more for the Fractal community (at no charge) than anyone else I can think of.

His efforts would result in at least one sale (mine). I'd also pay for a translator that worked well enough to save 75% of the effort required to recreate 200 presets from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom