Preset changing on its own

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
Something quite unusual just started happening and I'm hoping that Cliff or Matt might have an idea as to the cause.

I'm sitting here practicing on Preset #41 and w/o any command or input from me it switches to Preset #40 all by itself while i'm playing.

I have a USB cable plugged into the Axe (MKI) but it's not plugged in to a computer on then other end or anything else.
Guit is plugged into the Front input.
Other than that, I've just got Out 2's connected to a GT1000 pwr amp and a speaker cab but I'm only using a single speaker/side.
Out 1's not connected at all.
I often have an MFC (latest version) that I usually connect via 7-pin MIDI but it's not connected now.

What the heck is going on?
It's happened twice now about 1 minute apart.

Is it at the home/recall screen when it happens? Value knob could be drifting or something maybe making it scroll back to the previous preset? What happens if it's at the edit screen instead?

Ah right.
The value knob.
Just flashing back that this happened once before and I was told that an errant value knob might be the culprit.
I usually use the Nav buttons and hardly ever touch the knob which might affect it actually.
Guess I'll try to remember to give it a spin every now and then.
Thanks.
Doesn't seem to be happening anymore.

Could also be that the NAV UP button is stuck, just almost to the point of engaging. Give it a gentle working over.

Back
Top Bottom