Bug? Preset changes on its own

boltrecords

Fractal Fanatic
Since I upgraded to 3.03, my axe has randomly changed presets on its own a couple times. I'll be playing on preset 14 and then it will switch to preset 10. (thats just an example). The first time it happened it may have been two completely different presets.

Anyone else having these problems?
The only other thing I changed on my axe since this problem started was I activated the spillover.

Could this be due to the vibration from the atomic cab shaking the axe?

I never had this problem before

Are you using a MIDI controller? If so, which one and does it happen if you disconnect the Axe MIDI input?

Are you using your MFC at the same time as Axe Edit? If so, things of that nature are bound to happen. Cliff said data will become corrupted.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I just received the axe ii today and it just happened at the first start up. Nothing connected to the axe accept the guitar. I played a preset at after a few seconds the patch changed.

I just received the axe ii today and it just happened at the first start up. Nothing connected to the axe accept the guitar. I played a preset at after a few seconds the patch changed.

The encoder was probably between detents.

That's what I hope. I had no time to test the unit a lot. I will test it in more detail tomorrow. There is another thing that happend, as I moved the Value wheel to the right the preset change went in the opposite direction. And sometimes a preset was left out. E.g. from 14 directly to 16. I had a similar problem with the axe std. And g66 had to change the encoder.

im not sure if i was using axe edit or not. i may have been. i just upgraded it so it ive used it a few times recentley. could have been at that time i guess.

since upgrading i have also noticed that every now and then i can hit an IA on the MFC...for example the drive....the light on the mfc will change but the axe wont be changed and the drive will not go on.

The encoder was probably between detents.

That has happened to me a few times. I was gonna say it, but Cliff beat me to it. Digital pots do that some times. Just make sure you get a solid click before you move on and start tweaking.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Back
Top Bottom