Preset change, volume problem

Jani

I have a bit off problem with volume drops. Sometimes when i change my presets the volume drops? Volume is instantly much lower level when preset changed. I cant find any reason for this and it seems to happen randomly. It may be a bit problem, when playing a gig.. Anyone got same issues?

Are you saying you’ve leveled some presets to each other and then the levels changed? Can you tell us how you are getting them level with other to begin with?

Are you saying you’ve leveled some presets to each other and then the levels changed? Can you tell us how you are getting them level with other to begin with?
I actually found a post about same thing after i posted this. My problem is exactly same like this thread. It can be found->wishes and bugs, Bug: abrupt volume drop when changing presets (intermittent)

The preset levels can appear to be different at different volume levels. Many a time I've levelled presets at home even at loud volumes then during rehearsals or gigs they were way out (this happens with real amps as well)

Have you set the levels during rehearsals at full gig volume? Best is to get a friend with good ears to help if you can

The preset levels can appear to be different at different volume levels. Many a time I've levelled presets at home even at loud volumes then during rehearsals or gigs they were way out (this happens with real amps as well)

Have you set the levels during rehearsals at full gig volume? Best is to get a friend with good ears to help if you can
No its not that, its the same thing whats happening on that "bug" post. Preset volumes are tuned in same level with vu-meter. Sometimes right after changing a preset the volume drops about 80%. Then go next preset and back, everythings fine again.

Ive had this happen to me at home, thankfully it’s never happened on a gig yet. It’s completely random and can happen without warning. Normally switching presets sorts it out but sometimes I have to power cycle the unit to rectify the problem. It appears that it’s a bug that is known about by Fractal, but they have never made a fix available.

Ive had this happen to me at home, thankfully it’s never happened on a gig yet. It’s completely random and can happen without warning. Normally switching presets sorts it out but sometimes I have to power cycle the unit to rectify the problem. It appears that it’s a bug that is known about by Fractal, but they have never made a fix available.
I've had it happen a couple of times but have yet to figure out how to make it happen. Anomaly - Yes. Bug - Yet to be determined.
While it is something others have experienced, it hasn't been reproducible which makes it hard to classify as a bug and create a fix for.

Are you connected to the computer when this happens?

Does it happen if you’re not connected?

This is very important.

Are you connected to the computer when this happens?

Does it happen if you’re not connected?

This is very important.
Yes, both. Usually i keep it connected to ax edit, when im playing at home and "volume drop" has occured several times. Last time it happened when i was in rehearsals, then i was not connected.

Yes, both. Usually i keep it connected to ax edit, when im playing at home and "volume drop" has occured several times. Last time it happened when i was in rehearsals, then i was not connected.
Thanks.

How often is it happening? 1/10 preset changes? More or less?

Any patterns? Is it always the same preset or random?

If there’s anything repeatable let us know. It doesn’t happen to everyone and I’ve been trying to get data from people who have it happen often.

Thanks!

Thanks.

How often is it happening? 1/10 preset changes? More or less?

Any patterns? Is it always the same preset or random?

If there’s anything repeatable let us know. It doesn’t happen to everyone and I’ve been trying to get data from people who have it happen often.

Thanks!
I'm not quite sure yet. I've had this unit on my posession only 3 months. I think it could be 1/10 or 1/20 preset changes. Presets are random. I'm not found any patterns yet, i think i have to pay more attention on this problem fo now on. I'll keep eye on this and post, if i can find somekind of patterns what may cause this.

If there’s anything repeatable let us know.
As I stated earlier, I have tried but have been unable to repeat it. However, the only common denominator when it's happened to me is when changing between presets quickly. I had only experienced it at home connected to AX8 Edit while leveling presets but it happened a couple of times at rehearsal, not connected to USB. In live cases, I changed presets to the next song in the list but the director wanted to run another song again so I changed to the appropriate preset within 10 seconds of the original change.

Bottom line, hopefully more clear:

Played through song on preset 2,
Changed to preset 3 for next song,
Changed again to preset 1.

The change from preset 3 to preset 1 was within 10 seconds.

At home when leveling presets, there's only a few seconds (3-5) between preset changes and typically 3 different presets.

Slightly moving the OUT 1 knob returned the volume to where it was supposed to be. Changing presets doesn't always fix the issue in my experiences.

I’ve had it happen once at home with edit connected and I can’t make it happen again doing all the things we think makes it happen. Will keep trying.

I did use ax8's midi in at the rehearsals tough. We have ableton live in use to make the external preset changes via midi. Don't know if that's relevant information. When the bug came at rehearsals, i just simply pressed the same scene-button of the same preset and it came back to normal. I did not changed the preset/scene or touched the output knob.

Back
Top Bottom