Preset change - volume block issues? Default on load question SOLVED

sskkmm

Power User
Something I noticed after my first gig with the AX8...

I prefer to have a volume pedal after drives and before delay/verbs...so instead of using the global volume pedal option, I have added the Vol block in my presets. However, when I switch presets, the preset is always at full volume even if the expression pedal is at 0.

What am I missing? Even if I save the preset with the Volume set to 0 and the pedal at 0, when I switch presets it always seems to default to 10.

UPDATE: as I typed this, I did some digging and searching. AH-HA! "PC Reset" in the Modifiers is what I was looking for. According to the manual,

"PC RESET determines the value of a modifier’s external source when a preset first loads. This allows you to override the actual position of an external controller until it is moved/updated."
(ALWAYS IMPORTANT TO RTFM)

Obviously you wouldn't want this to be set to 0 if you are changing presets IN a song, but for changing between songs? Exactly what I wanted. Nothing like an accidental brush of the strings echoing with verb when you thought your vol was off... :) I don't plan on changing presets within a song (scenes are enough) so this is great.

Anyway, decided to post this incase anyone else was looking for it.

Back
Top Bottom