Preset Carlos Santana Black Magic Women

Do you have an updated version of this preset? this one is for firmware 2.0.... The sound file sounds great BTW.

Last edited:
Hi kmachman, I will share the new preset at AXE Change. Firmenware 18.03 for AXE FX 3, full range system
Look here:
https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9353
Peter
Hi Pedro,
I appreciate you sharing the presets. Unfortunately, I downloaded this most recent preset (9353) about 30 mins ago, and it there were a couple of scenes that just about blew my headphones. Totally serious. I was extremely happy I didn't have my monitors on, as it was crazy loud. Just as info, I play hard rock to old school metal, so I'm used to volume. I'm actually wondering if something may have happened to the preset, or this wasn't the intended version. I played this preset on my AF3 MK2. If it wasn't just a fluke with my system, and I've not had any issues with 99% of the presets I've downloaded, others may wish to turn their Out1 down dramatically, until they test the preset.
Best of luck,
Lee

Hi Pedro,
I appreciate you sharing the presets. Unfortunately, I downloaded this most recent preset (9353) about 30 mins ago, and it there were a couple of scenes that just about blew my headphones. Totally serious. I was extremely happy I didn't have my monitors on, as it was crazy loud. Just as info, I play hard rock to old school metal, so I'm used to volume. I'm actually wondering if something may have happened to the preset, or this wasn't the intended version. I played this preset on my AF3 MK2. If it wasn't just a fluke with my system, and I've not had any issues with 99% of the presets I've downloaded, others may wish to turn their Out1 down dramatically, until they test the preset.
Best of luck,
Lee
Hi Lee,
I'm sorry it was too loud for you on headphones. I never play with headphones, so I always set the volume of the presets in the room with a full range setting. I'd be happy to take your experience and test the preset again with headphones and adjust the volume. Thank you very much for your advice. I have written a notice that everybody must hurry up, when using headphones.
Peter

Hi Lee,
I'm sorry it was too loud for you on headphones. I never play with headphones, so I always set the volume of the presets in the room with a full range setting. I'd be happy to take your experience and test the preset again with headphones and adjust the volume. Thank you very much for your advice. I have written a notice that everybody must hurry up, when using headphones.
Peter
Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, and really no problem. Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean when you said that you wrote a notice "that everybody must hurry up, when using headphones". I can adjust the scenes to balance them with what I need, but I truly wasn't sure all the scenes were as you intended. Just a gut feeling, like it got borked along the way, somehow. I'm wondering now if you turn your guitar volume up only to the point where your ears are hearing the level you're wanting?

Here are a couple of things you can check in your preset. Scene5 is the loudest, and if you click on the Out1 block, or the Out2 block, in AxeEdit, the meters are pegged (top of the red) with simply turning my guitar volume up. Guitar was sitting on a stand and I never touched the strings at all. Scenes 1 - 3 peg the Out1 block meter if I just barely touch the strings, with the guitar volume at 10. While Scenes 4, 6, & 7 are more near 0 dB, when playing lightly and not digging into the strings.

I'm attaching the same preset, but I went through and tried to smooth out the levels some, so the first seven scenes are around the same level. There were a couple of spots where the preset was getting too high on the CPU meter (at least for my "old" AF3 MK2 hehe), so I reduced the CPU a bit too. You may need to tweak the sounds to your ear and setup, but I'm hoping it might help. I hope I haven't removed all of the soul from it.

Cheers,
Lee

Attachments

• Santana tweeked.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 47
Hi Peter

Thanks for the reply, and really no problem. Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean when you said that you wrote a notice "that everybody must hurry up, when using headphones". I can adjust the scenes to balance them with what I need, but I truly wasn't sure all the scenes were as you intended. Just a gut feeling, like it got borked along the way, somehow. I'm wondering now if you turn your guitar volume up only to the point where your ears are hearing the level you're wanting?

Here are a couple of things you can check in your preset. Scene5 is the loudest, and if you click on the Out1 block, or the Out2 block, in AxeEdit, the meters are pegged (top of the red) with simply turning my guitar volume up. Guitar was sitting on a stand and I never touched the strings at all. Scenes 1 - 3 peg the Out1 block meter if I just barely touch the strings, with the guitar volume at 10. While Scenes 4, 6, & 7 are more near 0 dB, when playing lightly and not digging into the strings.

I'm attaching the same preset, but I went through and tried to smooth out the levels some, so the first seven scenes are around the same level. There were a couple of spots where the preset was getting too high on the CPU meter (at least for my "old" AF3 MK2 hehe), so I reduced the CPU a bit too. You may need to tweak the sounds to your ear and setup, but I'm hoping it might help. I hope I haven't removed all of the soul from it.

Cheers,
Lee
Hello Lee,
Thank you very much for your advice.
I don't mix the presets myself with my headphones and with my individual settings from my AXE FX 3 MK1.
You are using the MK2 and this may be the difference when using my presets. You just have to adjust them so that they work on your device.
Thank you very much for your advice, which will help other users who also use your device.
Best regards
Peter

Thanks Pedro, think this will work on FX II MKII Quantum 9?
Hi moosy,
I don´t think so, because I created this preset on my FX3, MKI, FW 18. As my experince to using the preset on different devices it wouldn´t work in the same way as on my FX.
Greetings
Peter

Back
Top Bottom