Bug? Preset-Cab Bundles not working correctly after FW update

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
I've been getting reports that at least one of the Preset-Cab bundles from Cab Pack 20 isn't working correctly after updating to a new firmware.

ML Brit JMPre 1 or 2 preset loads with a wrong amp sim.

Anyone else having this problem?

I don't have seem to have CabPack 20 (or 19 for that matter) but I tried some of TAFs bundles and it's hit and miss. The TAF AC-30 "country" bundles are off now -- they're clipping and wooly in all kinds of bad ways. But some clean, Carol Ann-based ones I tried were fine.

Edit: Wait, no, I do have them. Found them. So many cab packs now...much hard to find things on disk these days.

I check all the bundles that were in the beta release of the pack and only ML Brit Pre 1 loads the wrong amp model. ML Brit Pre 1 loads with the Vibrato Verb CS model.

The rest all load the correct amp models and they all sound top notch.

Last edited:
I don't have seem to have CabPack 20 (or 19 for that matter) but I tried some of TAFs bundles and it's hit and miss. The TAF AC-30 "country" bundles are off now -- they're clipping and wooly in all kinds of bad ways. But some clean, Carol Ann-based ones I tried were fine.

Edit: Wait, no, I do have them. Found them. So many cab packs now...much hard to find things on disk these days.

I check all the bundles that were in the beta release of the pack and only ML Brit Pre 1 loads the wrong amp model. ML Brit Pre 1 loads with the Vibrato Verb CS model.

The rest all load the correct amp models and they all sound top notch.
Thank you for clearing it out. Do you think there's a way to fix it?

I have a XL, installed Q 1.05 before loading the bundle and found the same error as Ian (x-amp is Vibrato Verb CS and y-amp is USA Lead). I'm really looking forward to testing Q 1.05, the bundles and cabs in Cab Pack 20 at live volume. At medium volume it sounds glorious. I run two active CLRs and am VERY happy with my setup. One quick question to Mikko; are the presets in the bundle tuned for live or recording?
AxeFX and MFC are by far my best purchases EVER. Having all the wonderful amp models and ir's available is like going to a restaurant with too many tempting dishes on the meny ...... it's a tough life :)

Thank you for that GitarKnut.

The way I tweak my tones for studio and live is actually exactly the same. What the crowd hears is my priority #1. What I hear is something I might fine tune depending on the monitoring I'm using. I usually have a global EQ and the middles are boosted a lot so I hear the notes better. That's just because I'm running IEM's and singing though.

I've been getting reports that at least one of the Preset-Cab bundles from Cab Pack 20 isn't working correctly after updating to a new firmware.

ML Brit JMPre 1 or 2 preset loads with a wrong amp sim.

Anyone else having this problem?
I'm one of the persons that got this problem. When I load the "ML Brit Pre 1" Preset-Cab bundle the amp block says "Vibrato Verb CS" instead of one of the JMPre-sims. I did download cab pack 20 again, but the problem stays. I could send you (Mikko) the preset-cab bundle to check yourself if you like. For your information: I've got the latest FW-version installed.

Me too, got the same problem with the preset brit pre1 and Q1.05. Don't use this amp. The Cab Pack 20 is the best to realize my favorite sounds and I like the preset bundle idea, they are a good starting point. I 'm sure this little bug could be fixed.

We'll do our best to fix it. Obviously it would be best to find the reason so it doesn't happen again but the least I can do is create another preset for you guys.

Somehow I managed to shift around the last few amp models between 1.01 and 1.02. There is no fix for this other than rebuilding the preset. Fixing it now would screw up any presets created after 1.01.

Somehow I managed to shift around the last few amp models between 1.01 and 1.02. There is no fix for this other than rebuilding the preset. Fixing it now would screw up any presets created after 1.01.

@TheAmpFactory Andy, does this bug affect your platinum preset bundle? I know there are quite a few preset+IR .syx files in there.

No problem and tnx for confirmation;)
Only one question, only JMPre 1 suffering from this problem?

tnx Man!

Back
Top Bottom