Preset buttons all default to preset 5

Wildwind

Experienced
MFC & Axe-FX II are both fully updated. MFC had been working perfectly.

Then tonight at rehearsal, the preset buttons quit. No matter which one I hit, it switched to preset 5. If I manually changed the patch on the Axe, it appeared to work normally.

All the IA buttons are working as programmed.

However - number 17 (tuner by default - I have not changed it) was reluctant to switch to tuner mode. Changed the patch (before that quit working) and it would turn the tuner on as commanded. I'm only throwing this out because it might be related.

I'm sure I can re-flash the whole thing (or whatever it's called), but I'm hoping someone can tell me the right way to fix this.

Cat 5 cables were swapped, MFC was turned off and back on several times, Axe was turned off and on several times. Nothing changed.

I'd have to try it again (not set up at this moment), but the Up and Down switches quit working momentarily, then started again. I didn't try any of the others in that last row.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I'll dig into this tomorrow morning - done for the night.

I think i had this happen the first day i got my MFC (just recently) and i noticed the reveal button was on so i think it showed a different working on the mfc. Turned it off and it worked like it was originally. Then The bankchange option when its set to 5 is basically allowing 5 presets to be used as you press IA 1-5 and so on. But make sure the reveal is off! I hope this made sense coming from a noob lol!

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if it ever happens again. All seems to be working again after resetting to factory and re-installing FW 2.17. But it is very possible I hit Reveal when going for the tuner with my size 13 feet.

Your answer was on the money. I fixed the problem with a reset and reload of FW 2.17 - but hitting Reveal will make the same exact thing happen. I no doubt hit the button when trying to activate the tuner. I'm sure that was it all along. Got through the weekend gigs without any problem. Next time, that's the first place I'll look. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom