Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

This is incorrect unless you were referring to the FX8. The AX8 can only do PC messages, and only per-scene. No MIDI block. IME, the AX8 would make for a very poor controller for the III. The FX8 would work a little better.
I’m confused then. It says on page 104 of the AX8 owners manual that it can transmit CC and PC messages. Beta tester @iaresee confirmed it can be done as well. So what’s the word FAS guru’s?
0A2095A4-CF6D-4B78-AA8B-731B1D394196.jpeg

9EB2EE94-D917-4E05-A205-44F15B92330A.jpeg

@bishop5150 I think the CC thing in the manual is a mistake. It transmits PC messages. Works great to change presets in concert. The III also has 2 pedal inputs so you don't need the AX8 to send CCs -- just attach your pedals to the III directly and you're done. The AX8 can get the CC values via the IIIs MIDI output if you need CC control over AX8 effects.

@philipacamaniac is entitled to his opinion on whether this is good or not, of course!

@bishop5150 I think the CC thing in the manual is a mistake. It transmits PC messages. Works great to change presets in concert. The III also has 2 pedal inputs so you don't need the AX8 to send CCs -- just attach your pedals to the III directly and you're done. The AX8 can get the CC values via the IIIs MIDI output if you need CC control over AX8 effects.

@philipacamaniac is entitled to his opinion on whether this is good or not, of course!
Thanks for the clarification. I just want to be able to change presets. Have a great weekend!

I just want to make sure people set their expectations appropriately when attempting to use the AX8 as a MIDI controller. :)

If all you need is preset switching, and you don’t mind manually programming the name and MIDI PC for each and every preset you want to use, it’ll work just fine and dandy.

I just want to make sure people set their expectations appropriately when attempting to use the AX8 as a MIDI controller. :)

If all you need is preset switching, and you don’t mind manually programming the name and MIDI PC for each and every preset you want to use, it’ll work just fine and dandy.
Ya, I just need something to get me through till the FC’s are released. But I’m getting way ahead of myself here. Haven’t even got an invite yet and not even sure I’ll make the first group. LOL! I got on at 8:47am central time. Not sure if that makes the cut or not.

packaging_how-to-pack_label.jpg
\

Apparently it was a smaller container than originally expected.

Just double checking here in case I'm wrong:
AxeFXIII can tone match as well as blend 4 IRs at a time, but I can not export a cab block that is compatible with the AX8. True?
I can tone match with AxeFXII and export a cab block compatible with AX8. True?

Just double checking here in case I'm wrong:
AxeFXIII can tone match as well as blend 4 IRs at a time, but I can not export a cab block that is compatible with the AX8. True?
I can tone match with AxeFXII and export a cab block compatible with AX8. True?
I know that you can do that with the Axe-Fx II, I do it all the time. And since the Axe-Fx III seems to use the same type of .syx IR files, I would assume that the exported (Ultra-Res) tone matches would still be compatible for the Axe-Fx II and AX8?

This
I know that you can do that with the Axe-Fx II, I do it all the time. And since the Axe-Fx III seems to use the same type of .syx IR files, I would assume that the exported (Ultra-Res) tone matches would still be compatible for the Axe-Fx II and AX8?
this is an area where there is not yet clarity, it appears that there may not yet be the same kind of convertiblilty between III blocks of any kind and its earlier brethren...maybe one of the FAS machers can pitch in here.

This

this is an area where there is not yet clarity, it appears that there may not yet be the same kind of convertiblilty between III blocks of any kind and its earlier brethren...maybe one of the FAS machers can pitch in here.
...i hope there is..I would love to get some of @simeon s FX blox in my III

Back
Top Bottom