Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Ohhh man.... Looks like I'll be finding great deals upgrading from FX II, to a XL+ very soon!! Seriously though, It'd be nice to jump to the III! Top 3 likes for me:
  • Increased Input/Output, making it even MORE viable for the studio and multi-rig setups. (I use my Axe FX for studio reverbs & fx for other tracks...it's sooo good!)
  • Hi Res Display! YES man! I always thought the FXII display was way out of date, and I always preferred to use Axe-Edit, than to mess with setup through the display. Now I won't need to!
  • MO PAOWA!! I have several patches (because I dual output often) that constantly push the CPU limit today...can't wait for more processing headroom!
I got up to page 25 but didn't see answers yet (and others had asked) on the following:
  • What sample rate will it support? (Now I do agree with Cliff that above 48kHz is not really necessary, but I receive MANY projects recorded in higher rates...pain that I can't sync AES at the higher level. I have to use the analog, OR downsample the project, record, then upsample back up to send to the customer....PITA)
  • What USB version will it be? Pics don't show a USB3.0 connection but the old 2.0. My main complaint is I can never get the latency down low enough on the FX II, to make it viable for tracking as the primary interface. UAD and others are using 3.0 now, and I can get down to 128 buffer...
Help me Obiwan, I wish to sell my HD Native & Omni, so I don't have to pay the freakin' 400$ Avid renewal fee. Fractal has the audio quality, now I just need the low latency & high sample rate!

Ohhh man.... Looks like I'll be finding great deals upgrading from FX II, to a XL+ very soon!! Seriously though, It'd be nice to jump to the III! Top 3 likes for me:
  • Increased Input/Output, making it even MORE viable for the studio and multi-rig setups. (I use my Axe FX for studio reverbs & fx for other tracks...it's sooo good!)
  • Hi Res Display! YES man! I always thought the FXII display was way out of date, and I always preferred to use Axe-Edit, than to mess with setup through the display. Now I won't need to!
  • MO PAOWA!! I have several patches (because I dual output often) that constantly push the CPU limit today...can't wait for more processing headroom!
I got up to page 25 but didn't see answers yet (and others had asked) on the following:
  • What sample rate will it support? (Now I do agree with Cliff that above 48kHz is not really necessary, but I receive MANY projects recorded in higher rates...pain that I can't sync AES at the higher level. I have to use the analog, OR downsample the project, record, then upsample back up to send to the customer....PITA)
  • What USB version will it be? Pics don't show a USB3.0 connection but the old 2.0. My main complaint is I can never get the latency down low enough on the FX II, to make it viable for tracking as the primary interface. UAD and others are using 3.0 now, and I can get down to 128 buffer...
Help me Obiwan, I wish to sell my HD Native & Omni, so I don't have to pay the freakin' 400$ Avid renewal fee. Fractal has the audio quality, now I just need the low latency & high sample rate!

USB 2.0 and 48k.

USB 3.0 has no benefits for latency over 2.0, just bandwidth (channel count). That's why when you see products from RME and the like, low channel count stuff has 2.0 and as it gets higher, 3.0 is used, then thunderbolt, etc.

How long is the waitlist ?

There are around fourty thousand members in here, let's assume the lowest numbers, say 10% have axfx non floorboard gear and 10% is willing to go III, so 400 Units would be needed from the start.

Hmmm how long will it take to get one, let's say in Europe then....
Let's be clear one hundred percent of the above won't need one, as i do :kissingcat:
10% of 40,000 members is 4,000 not 400.

Back
Top Bottom